Technology Worked but quad won't hold altitude.

Reaction score
First of all I have had my P2 & GP3b+ for about 7 months but I have only flown it about 8 or so times. I flew it today, first time since replacing GPS which Jason here was very helpful with. Today was first time I ever got disoriented. It was at the limits of my eyesight and I thought it was headed for some trees. I panicked and shut the controller off hoping it would do what it's supposed to do--and it did. It landed right next to my car within inches of where it took off from.

Ok now I honestly don't remember if this next part is normal but I don't remember this problem in the past. Although as I said I do more adding parts (FPV etc. ) than I do flying it and today was my first time this year. I did the calibration routine and I had 10 sats and it took off fine but every time I went forward the quad would slowly descend. Without me even touching the left stick. If I hadn't intervened by gave it some altitude it would have started dragging on the ground. If I stopped forward movement it seemed to regain at least some if not all of its altitude. Any help would be appreciated.

First of all I have had my P2 & GP3b+ for about 7 months but I have only flown it about 8 or so times. I flew it today, first time since replacing GPS which Jason here was very helpful with. Today was first time I ever got disoriented. It was at the limits of my eyesight and I thought it was headed for some trees. I panicked and shut the controller off hoping it would do what it's supposed to do--and it did. It landed right next to my car within inches of where it took off from.

Ok now I honestly don't remember if this next part is normal but I don't remember this problem in the past. Although as I said I do more adding parts (FPV etc. ) than I do flying it and today was my first time this year. I did the calibration routine and I had 10 sats and it took off fine but every time I went forward the quad would slowly descend. Without me even touching the left stick. If I hadn't intervened by gave it some altitude it would have started dragging on the ground. If I stopped forward movement it seemed to regain at least some if not all of its altitude. Any help would be appreciated.

Rather then shutting off the controller why not use the S1 to put it in failsafe and hopefully failsafe is setup in the software.

It is completely normal for it to when flying forward to lose some altitude and the faster you fly forward the faster the descent.

Rather then shutting off the controller why not use the S1 to put it in failsafe and hopefully failsafe is setup in the software.

It is completely normal for it to when flying forward to lose some altitude and the faster you fly forward the faster the descent.

If there is a next time hopefully I will remember to use the switch. I don't remember it descending. Just glad it's normal and not more money... Thanks.

If there is a next time hopefully I will remember to use the switch. I don't remember it descending. Just glad it's normal and not more money... Thanks.

When flying in reverse it doesn't descend but in forward it does because of the gimbal and cameras weight and also depends on how fast you're flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor