technical support experience

Reaction score
i have a phantom 3 standard which was ruined by being submerged in water.
i purchased another drone and camera on ebay
but no matter WHAT i try......
the remote controller and the drone will NOT connect.
well.....the APP says "disconnected" but i can still launch the drone from the remote controller AND control the camera gimbal up and down
so it appears i am connected to the drone but the APP says "disconnected" and there is no camera view.

i have tried all the methods to sync the drone and the remote controller but it just beeps and never syncs.
so here's my question.......
in the examples i've found online, they say if it STILL won't connect.......contact technical support.
i am curious if anyone on here has had an experience contacting technical support and if so.....how did it go?

Last edited:
From what you describe, there is no issue between your remote and your P3S. So continually trying to "sync" the two is pointless, since they are already connected.

Your issue is between your mobile device and your controller. Have you found and connected your mobile device to the controller's WiFi connection? If you have not done that, then the app will never connect with the system.

Reactions: RodPad
From what you describe, there is no issue between your remote and your P3S. So continually trying to "sync" the two is pointless, since they are already connected.

I agree.

Your issue is between your mobile device and your controller. Have you found and connected your mobile device to the controller's WiFi connection? If you have not done that, then the app will never connect with the system.
I think he is not getting the signal from the Phantom to the Remote.

@texasjames,
What color is the status light on the Remote. RED?
What color is the status light on the Phantom. Green?

Rod

@texasjames,
"they say if it STILL won't connect.......contact technical support. " :rolleyes:
Your best technical support is here. ;)

Rod

I agree.

I think he is not getting the signal from the Phantom to the Remote.

@texasjames,
What color is the status light on the Remote. RED?
What color is the status light on the Phantom. Green?

Rod
the status light is green

so....since i can fly it with just the controller.....then the controller and the drone must be connected
but once i go into the app (yes i am connected to the phantom3 wifi) the app allows me to go into camera view but once in camera view, at the top it reads "Disconnected"
if i click on the little remote icon and try a sync.....it beeps for the full minute without ever syncing (i pressed the sync button for 2 seconds after the beeping starts)

i am baffled.

Last edited:
the status light is green

so....since i can fly it with just the controller.....then the controller and the drone must be connected
but once i go into the app (yes i am connected to the phantom3 wifi) the app allows me to go into camera view but once in camera view, at the top it reads "Disconnected"
if i click on the little remote icon and try a sync.....it beeps for the full minute without ever syncing

i am baffled.

You are saying that the Remote status light is green and the Phantom status light is green?

Rod

"the remote status light is red"
"the phantom status light is green "

The Phantom is receiving signals from the remote, that is why it is green.
The remote does not see the Phantom that is why it is red.
This is why a asked the question the first time. ;)

The signal from the Phantom to the remote starts at the gimbal, that is why the gimbal has a mac address.

Question about Radio, uplink, downlink, frequency, & telemetry

P3S block diagram.

Rod

interesting......
good to know. that would explain why i can fly the drone and activate the gimbal with the remote but receive no video.
i just replaced the gimbal and camera with a set i purchased on ebay
so maybe the gimbal/camera i purchased is no good. rats.

well what you said makes sense......
the remote is sending out a signal which is being received by the drone and so.....i can fly it and even move the camera up and down
but if the signal coming from the drone back to the remote is either not being sent (problem at the drone) or not being received (problem at the remote) then that would explain why i have no video.

so now the question.........how does the app fit into all this?

the app is receiving no input. are you saying the remote receives signal from the drone and sends it to the app?
or does the app receive signal from the drone independent from the controller?
if independent....then i can conclude the problem is the signal coming from the drone.

"are you saying the remote receives signal from the drone and sends it to the app?"
Correct.

In the Block diagram he shows.
Video and Data from the remote to the APP.
AC Control from the App to the Remote.

AC control from the APP to the remote?
Operations that the App has control of.
Camera settings (adjusting the settings on the camera). Exposure, Formatting SD card, etc.
Phantom settings (adjusting the settings on the Phantom) RTH, Beginners Mode, Max Elevation, etc.

Note: That he shows the Remote as a WiFi hub.

It really simple. ;) :):rolleyes: when you understand networking. ;)

Rod

hmmm......
so i have two gimbals/cameras
they both do exactly the same thing.........i can control them from the remote but cannot receive anything FROM the drone TO the remote
seems odd that both gimbal/camera units would be bad (unable to send signal)
so now i'm thinking that maybe it's the remote
it can send signal but not receive
the question is.......how to definitively know if the issue is the gimbal or the remote
hmmm......

hmmm......
so i have two gimbals/cameras
they both do exactly the same thing.........i can control them from the remote but cannot receive anything FROM the drone TO the remote
seems odd that both gimbal/camera units would be bad (unable to send signal)
so now i'm thinking that maybe it's the remote
it can send signal but not receive
the question is.......how to definitively know if the issue is the gimbal or the remote
hmmm......
Could be the remote, but without a remote that you know works or a P3S to test your remote on, I don't have the knowledge beyond that. ;)

Rod

After reading all the posts, you are getting some good background info on these fussy buggers. Sounds like you have no issues with the controller or the drone. I believe the issue is a bad main board in the camera, (upper portion where it mounts to the drone). This is a common problem with all DJI cameras. You can have good gimbal motion, but no video link. There are video chips in the main board that deteriorate over time, or fail from overheating. (standing still too long). The frustrating part of this is you have no good camera to test with. The very first thing I do when I get a camera in for repairs is; test the main board with my good gimbal assembly in my working test drone. Unfortunately, there are a lot of drones with bad cameras in the used market place. Even the seller has no idea what is wrong and thinks it might be their lack of knowledge rather than a bad component.

Reactions: dronesky

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1