Tarot gimbal setup...any tips

Reaction score
Noticed that the video from the generic gopro holder was not doing the job....purchased a Tarot online and it should show in a couple of days..any tips from the experts out there on installation?

I just purchased one today... so tagging the post... to see what answers get posted... :twisted:

congrats guys!

first thing you'll likely have to do is run the firmware updates on the motors and controllers so that you can enable stick-position mode for doing manual tilt-down (provided you have a Tx that can do it, or if you modify your Phantom Tx, well worth it).

-pick up a tiny Phillips screwdriver if you haven't already
-and a 1.5 hex driver as well, which is almost necessary for removing the gopro from the mount.
(get a 2.0mm hex driver too for opening/closing the Phantom).
think you might also need a longer servo cable for doing tilt as well, tho I didn't not install my Tarot onto my Phantom (just my 450)

Gizmo3000 said:
congrats guys!

first thing you'll likely have to do is run the firmware updates on the motors and controllers so that you can enable stick-position mode for doing manual tilt-down (provided you have a Tx that can do it, or if you modify your Phantom Tx, well worth it).

-and a 1.5 hex driver as well, which is almost necessary for removing the gopro from the mount.
think you might also need a longer servo cable for doing tilt as well, tho I didn't not install my Tarot onto my Phantom (just my 450)

One thing I am not short of... is tools... :lol: I ordered the stock-style tilt lever for the controller.. trying not to do any mods for a while...LOL

So I learned a new "tip" today... I got in my Tarot and started building it... and found out that the "build it and its ready to fly" bs on ebay is just that... bs... it doesnt come with the particular mounting plate for the Phantom itself :evil: I guess it will be another week before I get the next piece to the puzzle to get this thing in the air....

Gizmo3000 said:
congrats guys!

How do you run the firmware? It is a rar file?

justsomeguy said:
orgnoi1 said:
So I learned a new "tip" today... I got in my Tarot and started building it... and found out that the "build it and its ready to fly" bs on ebay is just that... bs... it doesnt come with the particular mounting plate for the Phantom itself :evil: I guess it will be another week before I get the next piece to the puzzle to get this thing in the air....

You don't need the adapter plate. You can mount it right to the Phantom's shell. Drill some small holes, install standoffs, and you're off to the races. It's a few minutes of work.

Already on order... Rather not drill a bunch of holes in the body...

bought mine from bang good....still not here yet.looked at the fine print 10-15 business day (weekday) delivery.......fellows if you want it quick dont order from these guys

All,

After hours of pain, all set up..thanks for the advice.. Tarot has -0 customer service and invisible help online,however, noticed the difference in video quality is amazing. I also noticed unfortunatly that my fly time dropped 3 mins. oh well I guess thats the price you pay for improvements. Any suggestions on motor improvements. lol... that will be another post

zackspar said:
All,

After hours of pain, all set up..thanks for the advice.. Tarot has -0 customer service and invisible help online,however, noticed the difference in video quality is amazing. I also noticed unfortunatly that my fly time dropped 3 mins. oh well I guess thats the price you pay for improvements. Any suggestions on motor improvements. lol... that will be another post

Add dual battery holders and larger props and you might get 5-6 minutes of flight time. The Phantom is not a great gimbal platform. I am going to remove my tarot and add it to a larger hexacopter.

Does anyone have a link for the software to setup the tarot gimbal? I have been to the tarot website and tried everything. No luck. I am getting a red and blue light. This really sucks. Any help would be nice.

Thanks

I have had a Tarot for a couple of weeks and have finally got it flying well. I am using a Futaba T8J and I use the manual Tilt and Roll. I mix the manual Roll with Aileron which gives it some dynamics when sport flying. See video's below.
You can get the software here http://image.helipal.com/helipal-tarot- ... e-v1-3.zip

Now most people experience what they call Roll Drift which is an uneven horizon when doing fast forward flight with hard turns. I have been working on settings and finally have mine working pretty decent. See attached images.

Here is the latest video, it recovers pretty well now http://youtu.be/LD1A3dsxxD0

Here is a video using manual roll http://youtu.be/LnqozSwMfC4

I hope this will help some of you out, if you need anything additional let me know..

Cheers

Craig

Attachments

• setting-1.jpg
    setting-1.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 1,105
  • motor setting.jpg
    motor setting.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 1,289

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads