Tacoma Wa area flyers??

Hi everyone, I just started a facebook page called Tacoma Drone Flyers this is a page for people to share their photos and videos of their drone flights. Feel free to use this page as a place you can chat and meet for drone related activities.

Last edited:
I typed "Facebook Tacoma Drone Flyers". Got a few returns, but no page with Tacoma in the page name. Should I search for something more specific?

I started the Facebook page because im new to the drones I just ordered a dji p4 this morning. I'm looking to meet people with experience who might be able to show me places to fly local. It's been about 10 years since I have flown anything I used to be into helicopters but gave that up because of the cost in wanting to upgrade all the time. The dji p4 looks like a nice Drone easy to fly out of the box. Thanks looking forward to meeting other Drone enthusiast to fly with and learn from.

I don't own a phantom (expensive) but I'd love to fly with you guys. South Tacoma

Reactions: 68rs
I started a Facebook group also it's called (Tacoma Drone Flyers) anyone can join and post their photos and videos. It's a new group and page everyone is welcome looking forward to seeing your videos happy flying.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hey guys.. Olympia or Tacoma..I fly both locations all the time.. Would love to meet up.. In fact, Im team Capt, for International Drone Day Tacoma 2018. Now is as good as time as any to start planning for next year.. Last year I ran the Portland Event (Main Event) and If were ready to go, We could make Tacoma the Main Event...Takes a lot of people to pull it off. If your interested in meeting up and discussing it, Let me know...We can fly while we talk.lol

I am new to the Drone flying experience and am trying to find good places to practice. I live in East Tacoma.

Unfortunately, it seems that you can not fly a drone in most of Tacoma. I checked airmap and there is amidst nowhere where there is not restricted airspace. I have been to Tacoma often, but I mainly fly my drone in rural areas in northern Oregon.

You might try Marine View Drive west of Hydlbos Bridge. If you don’t mind flying over water.

I am stationed at JBLM but I fly a lot at Steilacoom. I fly over the ocean. I am down to go to the park and meet up.
Per conversation with Steilacoom Police Officer, Steilacoom, beaches and over water along shoreline included, are NO FLY ZONE for Drones.

I fly at salter pt park. Steilacoom WA
. Just south of ferry dock. No problems.

Per conversation with Steilacoom Police Officer, Steilacoom area, beaches and over water along shoreline included, are NO FLY ZONE for Drones.

I am stationed at JBLM but I fly a lot at Steilacoom. I fly over the ocean. I am down to go to the park and meet up.

Per conversation with Steilacoom Police Officer, Steilacoom, beaches and over water along shoreline included, are NO FLY ZONE for Drones.

I'm in Tacoma and would love to meet up like minded individuals to drone. I'm also a car guy and would be great find people to make videos with.

Looking for other quad flyers in the local Tacoma vicinity who would like to meet up for flying and sharing knowledge.
I just got my drone stuck in a tree in the park anybody else with a drone Karen and help me maybe fishing out or at least fly up there so I can see exactly where it is and maybe I can throw something at it?

I'm in Tacoma and would love to meet up like minded individuals to drone. I'm also a car guy and would be great find people to make videos with.
I live in Tacoma too. I have, or had a DJI Mini 3. I got it stuck in the park across from my apartment yesterday. I have lots of footage and am just starting to use an editor on my laptop. But, my drone just got stuck honestly because I was being careless. It's actually a beautiful wide open park good for flying. Theirs a few trees but you would have to be an idiot to lose it. I was flying from inside my apartment across the street going to the bathroom not paying attention. Just maybe if we could meet at the park or my place and walk there. If anything if you could launch your drone for a few mins so I know exactly where it is. It's there but GPS doesn't show accurate. You won't wreck your drone I promise!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20