Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

I just read another post that the iPad mini gets hot and laggy in summer. I have IPad mini 2. My friends do too and we have no issues with performance. Perfect size for holder and for 200 bucks it's worth it
Yea, I read that one too. I'm sure I'll be upgrading to a better tablet. I may also try my phone but with my age, a larger screen will certainly make things easier to see.

Reactions: meissner58
Yea, I read that one too. I'm sure I'll be upgrading to a better tablet. I may also try my phone but with my age, a larger screen will certainly make things easier to see.
Last summer in the U.S. there were many threads about devices overheating. Now that summer is approaching again, it will be the first summer for many newer pilots. I'm expecting new threads in the next 3-4 months about mobile devices overheating once it gets hot outside. Obviously people in cooler climates don't have to worry about overheating as much, but people in hot climates, Houston for example, need to consider that when deciding. An already underpowered Mini 1 trying to run GO in the hot summer will probably be a frustrating experience.

Last year I flew with a Mini 2 for a month or two, but when it started to get hot here in Sacramento the Mini 2 would overheat and even shut off. I could go one battery, but could rarely get through the second battery without severe FPV lag and finally shutdown. I quickly switched to an Air 2 and never had that problem again.

Just food for thought. Cheers!

Oso, thanks for the additional info! It gets pretty hot here (south Louisiana) and muggy as hell so I'm sure I will be needing a better tab to use. Today its already 88 with 65% humidity.

I need to buy a tablet today my Nvidia Shield K1 is dead so I need to get something today I have a project that I'm doing and I need something quick what do you recommend I need something that's easy and reliable, I have a note 5 but I cannot make it connect to the go app

I'm at best buy now, help I have read through the forums and it's too random I need help deciding what tablet to get that's plug-and-play for my Phantom 3 professional

I'm at best buy now, help I have read through the forums and it's too random I need help deciding what tablet to get that's plug-and-play for my Phantom 3 professional
If I were standing there right now myself, I would get a Shield K1. I know you had one and it's dead now, but it would still be my first choice. Especially since you already know it and you have an urgent need. Second choice for me would be a iPad Mini 4.

I'm using an LG G Pad F 8 found out that if the cable wasn't the right size thickness it would not connect check your cable.

I have a Verizon note 5 and i can't get it to connect, is there anything that i need to do i the settings

Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling.

Do you have any other app using the USB port when plugged into the controller?

When your Note 5 is connected to the controller, the controller is powered on and then powering the aircraft, does anything happen on the screen?

Last summer in the U.S. there were many threads about devices overheating. Now that summer is approaching again, it will be the first summer for many newer pilots. I'm expecting new threads in the next 3-4 months about mobile devices overheating once it gets hot outside. Obviously people in cooler climates don't have to worry about overheating as much, but people in hot climates, Houston for example, need to consider that when deciding. An already underpowered Mini 1 trying to run GO in the hot summer will probably be a frustrating experience.

Last year I flew with a Mini 2 for a month or two, but when it started to get hot here in Sacramento the Mini 2 would overheat and even shut off. I could go one battery, but could rarely get through the second battery without severe FPV lag and finally shutdown. I quickly switched to an Air 2 and never had that problem again.

Just food for thought. Cheers!
Try using an ice pack on the back of the Ipad.

Those of you running the Asus Zenpad S 8.0, Do you have it rooted to remove bloatware or running stock? Any problems with it?

Hi, I was experiencing 'Connection Lost' messages using my Huawei Ascend P7 phone. Theoretically it should have been fine - and it was until I updated from Android 4.4 to 5.1. I've since bought a Huawei MediaPad M2 803L running Android 5.1.1 and it would appear that all my problems have been solved. This is the 8-inch version and it's a great fit on my controller. The video is smooth and bright even in full sunshine, and the DJI GO app works fine. It has GPS and GLONASS built in and runs at 2 Ghz. The 3Gb of memory and 64Gb storage are great. I'm not trying to advertise this tablet, but I must admit it appears to be one of the better ones that isn't listed on the DJI page. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has tried this tablet.

Galaxy Note 3,4 & 5 all have worked flawlessly with DJI Go & Litchi.
Samsung Galaxy Tab E is my favorite and go to tablet when I need the the larger screen. This tablet has performed well for me in both DJI Go & Litchi apps. I will have to admit the Simulator use on the Notes kind of lacks because of the absence of the larger screen. Hey but at least us Android users now have a simulator to use.
Cheers and Keep it airborne.
Are you still using the Galaxy Tab E. If so what is it you like about it. And don't like. Thanks Jack

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair