Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

When you use this tablet with your P3 Pro, do you tether the tablet via a WiFi hotspot to your phone or another source? Thanks!
I myself can tether mine to my phone. However I don't use the map at all so I don't need it. Maybe later on but for now I don't need the map so data is not necessary. I have the Tab A n used my Note 4 before Christmas.

Hello all.
I am a new member. I hope that I am in the right place for a question.
I have a P3a and yesterday I purchased a new Samsung tab 7 in Ireland.
Play store says not compatible with your device. I have been using my Galaxy 5 and wanted a bigger screen. I'm 64 and wanted easier view.
Thanks
You will have to side load it by downloading it from the DJI website.

No issues? Also, is the size of it a problem?
No issue at all, it has plenty of power running DJI Go. Well it is to be expected since it is the higher and newest model from Samsung.

Size-wise, the 9.7-inch model is a bit top heavy when mounted on the RC. I think the best compromised of screen size and weight balance is a 7 to 8 inch tablets such as the 8-inch Tab S2 (or iPad Mini 4 if you prefer iOS). Reason I bought the 9.7-inch model is because I am using it for all other purposes e.g. displaying music sheets which I need it to be as big as possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reed L
Question: Does anyone have "hands on" experience with Litchi for DJI Phantom3? The description of the app and its abilities are more than worth the $19 dollars, however is it stable? Does it have bugs ? Are you aware of crashes, fly aways, etc due to using this app? I would like to hear from people that have used the app (especially extensively or as the primary app they fly with). Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Now the only issue is HDMI or no HDMI... The Tab S2 doesn't have HDMI but it is thinner and weighs less then the Nvidia K1, but the K1 has HDMI and is $150.00 cheaper. I do want to be able to let the family use FPV in the future, so for me - the K1 still places 1st but man, it sure is tough to finalize a decision because the S2 shines as well :) As far as ipad, I just don't want another. I have the wife's ipad and it's buggy on this web page, it's nice but I'm just not an apple fan after dealing with its web page issues.

Here's a comparison from Amazon 4d14930e-2601-4e1d-82eb-eb31d7c4648e._CB289793460_.jpg
4d14930e-2601-4e1d-82eb-eb31d7c4648e._CB289793460_.jpg

Any comparrisons or suggestions between the Dragon Touch A1X Plus and the Nvidia K1? Does the 10" require the extension for the tablet hold down? I am and have been looking at all tablets ,,,, wait a minute - does the A1X have all 3 screens on the go app, main, radar, and map in lower right corner?
The Dragon Touch especially the smaller version seems very affordable and well worth considering.
The 10" version will make the controller feel very top heavy if it even fits.
I'd be surprised if it's as bright as some alternatives e.g. Nexus 7.

Question: Does anyone have "hands on" experience with Litchi for DJI Phantom3? The description of the app and its abilities are more than worth the $19 dollars, however is it stable? Does it have bugs ? Are you aware of crashes, fly aways, etc due to using this app? I would like to hear from people that have used the app (especially extensively or as the primary app they fly with). Thanks in advance for your feedback.
I would start another thread if I were you.

I was offered a Samsung Galaxy Tab3 (not the Lite as listed) yesterday at a very good price, DJI GO installed and works absolutely fine, a very slight lag , <0.5 sec at a guess, capture video, convert, transmit, receive, convert ,display, must always be a very slight lag? anyway, the only "problem" is that the tablet itself is physically just very slightly too large to fit in the device cradle easily, managed it with silicone lubricant and a great deal of care and coaxing. However, had a think about it this morning , permanent mount is not ideal, solution, cut up one of my wifes chopping boards! First piece 55mm wide 150mm long, second piece 50mmx 130mm and glued them together, stick back Velcro on the top layer and the back of the Tab3 , mount the whole lot in the standard device holder with no mods required.

How did you eliminate the glare? I've tried a smaller Sony Xperia Z, now tried my Nexus 7 2013 ... but all I see is myself reflection and glare. Not ideal.

I purchased one of these to use with my Sony Xperia Z3. It works great, just set your brightness to high if it's not already.
Note: there are two different sizes, phone size and tablet size. Just make sure the phone shade dimensions will fit your Nexus 7.

Official DJI Store

Reactions: Rumbaar
I have read on here that there is no lag with the IPad Air 2. The cellular version being preferred because it has gps. Are the new android devices better or equal to the Air 2?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have read on here that there is no lag with the IPad Air 2. The cellular version being preferred because it has gps. Are the new android devices better or equal to the Air 2?
Of course there is lag in every tablet, even in the iPad Air 2, just that it is very minimal. The lag is due to to time needed for Lightbridge to process the video signal on the drone, send it back to the R/C and then to be processed by your tablet and displayed on the screen. It is all taking place in real time so there will always be a lag. No such thing as instantaneous transmission.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT