Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

Note 5 and Tab S2 9.7 are both very good in bright sunlight. I still think I want a sunshield but I'm not desperate. Of course, in Florida we always deal with the sunlight so I am used to it. :)

Just received my email from B&H : The new 64GB Z580CA-C1 ZenPad S 8.0" Wi-Fi Tablet (Black) has shipped. I'll let you all know how well this works as soon as I get it

Note 5 and Tab S2 9.7 are both very good in bright sunlight. I still think I want a sunshield but I'm not desperate. Of course, in Florida we always deal with the sunlight so I am used to it. :)

That is great I think I will change my phone to the Note 5 - screen is bigger than the S5 I currently use.
I am hoping to come to Florida on holiday in December or Feb - any restrictions on using drones? I plan to rent a boat for 3 days at the keys and fly around there.

My Acer Iconia 8 inch tablet would not open up the Go app a month ago, have been running the Pilot and Litchi just fine though. Maybe DJI has upgraded Go by now, kinda afraid to try again...

I love my Note - had 2, 3 and now 5 model. Doesn't seem big like it did when I first got one. Never considered a 7-8 inch tablet because so close to the size of my Note. After using a larger tablet (10 inch range), I was never happy just using my Note. My Tab S2 9.7 is perfect size to fit in the device holder without any modification. Have a Tab 4 10.1 that doesn't fit without an extender bracket (but Tab 4 was not powerful enough to keep up anyhow).

Reactions: dkyacht
That is great I think I will change my phone to the Note 5 - screen is bigger than the S5 I currently use.
I am hoping to come to Florida on holiday in December or Feb - any restrictions on using drones? I plan to rent a boat for 3 days at the keys and fly around there.
No restrictions other than the usual stuff like airports. Where ya going in the keys I can recommend places if ya like?

Dave

No restrictions other than the usual stuff like airports. Where ya going in the keys I can recommend places if ya like?

Dave

No idea never been before. Will fly into Miami and rent a car. Will go for 2 weeks. Want to hire a boat for 3 days to explore the keys. Any suggestions welcome. What is weather like in Dec V Feb?

Reactions: dkyacht
No idea never been before. Will fly into Miami and rent a car. Will go for 2 weeks. Want to hire a boat for 3 days to explore the keys. Any suggestions welcome. What is weather like in Dec V Feb?
Did you get my message?

Dave

Picked up an iPad Mini 4 and it works perfectly. I have been using my iPhone 6 which has also been great but the mini 4 is fast, stays cool, and the screen size is just awesome but the device is not to big and extremely light. Tough tablet to beat right now unless you need the full size iPad screen

No problems with IOS 9, then? About to pick up a tablet just for the Phantom (Phantom's on its way, my first R/C anything since cars as a kid - I'm a landscape photographer who's interested in playing with the new perspective.). I was thinking Mini 4, but was a bit worried about the IOS 9 only aspect of it...

Looks like Google is leaving tablets to others..the Pixel C is a pass for me...

upload_2015-9-29_17-43-24.jpeg

So I'm seeing the marshmello will hit the n7 2013...
I mite pickup a spare at the price point. I just like the size so much. And it does everything I want it to do.

Any other n7 user's feel the same way?

For all its worth. My 7 inch Samsung Tab 4 seems to be working well with the new app update and firmware.
I have removed all unwanted apps and turned off some functionality I don't need or want, such as recording on the tablet. so far works a treat, it was glitchy before and prone to app crashing. So far so good anyways. People may say not bright but I have made a special hood for viewing and it's the best add on ever, much better than the sun said I purchased.

After a quick test with stock settings I noticed a hint of lag. I'll perform the settings adjustments as recommended in previous threads later. At first glance the unit looks solid with minor annoyances. The placement of the power button makes you mount the device to the controller off center. Not a big deal unless you're OCD like me..lol.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443655495.499828.jpg

The USB cable provided with the Asus tablet must be used to connect to the controller as it is not your standard mini USB connection. It's USB type C
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443655683.224991.jpg

The screen itself looks dazzling and clear. Colors are very nice and images are crisp. More testing to follow as the small amount of lag is still unacceptable

Last edited:
I have the Galaxy Tab 4 Wifi 7 inch, i root it and deleted all the apps i dont need. There is still a lag. What can i do yet ?

I have the Galaxy Tab 4 Wifi 7 inch, i root it and deleted all the apps i dont need. There is still a lag. What can i do yet ?

How much lag are you noticing? Less than a full second or a lot?

Is it getting really hot? That is the indication that everything is just too much for the processor to handle. That is what happened with my Tab 4 10.1 - it started fine, then started to lag, then 5-10 second lag for everything I tried to do on the screen, finally freezing completely. At that point, it was usually really hot on the back. My Note 3 had minimal lag but would get warm. When I upgraded to Note 5 it really doesn't get warm and runs like a champ. (Note 5 is an octa-core processor.) I bought my Tab S2 9.7 and it is great (and I was never satisfied with the Note 5 screen size). Galaxy Tab S2 is also octa-core processor and also has 3 GB RAM (most tablets have 1 or 2 GB ). All the research I did indicated that lag and freezing is directly related to the processing power of the device.

Last edited:
After a quick test with stock settings I noticed a hint of lag. I'll perform the settings adjustments as recommended in previous threads later.

Can you point me to the thread for recommended setting for android tablets.
I am trying a HP 8 Pro Slate running Lollipop 5.1.1
Excellent screen outdoors yet I have some lag. Trying to see if there are any settings I can adjust

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl