Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

I've got a samsung s4 but I use it as my phone how much free space will I need to be able to use it for the P3A, ? I've managed to download the DJI GO onto it

It probably won't run very smooth. I think this list is becoming outdated. Although you never know, give it a shot.

Still would consider myself in testing phase, but so far my new Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (AT&T LTE 32GB version) been fantastic.

Same here.. I went through 4 tablets before settling on the iPad Air 2, which runs it great. Only down fall would be the screen. Apple makes terrible screens, tough to see at times.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
Debating between the iPad Mini 4 and iPad Pro to use with my new P3. I'm thinking the Pro may be a little too big/ heavy, although it would be amazing to fly on a 12.9" screen.
but to get a holder may be a challenge I think, it would be cool tho for sure

I using a inexpensive 4G Verizon 7" G pad cost me $100 with a $50 mail in rebate and it works flawlessly but it's strictly for my P3P I don't download any additional apps

Used an air 2 cellular this week and can't imagine working with anything else. Coming from a p2 with self installed analog fpv, I have been quite frustrated with the performance over several flights of any tablet or phone i tried.
The app is now the Achilles heel of an otherwise magnificent flying camera.
I recommend to everyone to pick up a cellular iPad Air 2 as I can only see this problem escalating in the future with older devices and android app is still not up to par

Reactions: Mike Mauk
Used an air 2 cellular this week and can't imagine working with anything else. Coming from a p2 with self installed analog fpv, I have been quite frustrated with the performance over several flights of any tablet or phone i tried.
The app is now the Achilles heel of an otherwise magnificent flying camera.
I recommend to everyone to pick up a cellular iPad Air 2 as I can only see this problem escalating in the future with older devices and android app is still not up to par
Latest android version is better. Has usefull gimbal settings like pitch smooth and so on that ios version don't have.

Android version required latest play services 8.1.1.5 or > to run smoothly. That's all.

Picked up an iPad Mini 4 and it works perfectly. I have been using my iPhone 6 which has also been great but the mini 4 is fast, stays cool, and the screen size is just awesome but the device is not to big and extremely light. Tough tablet to beat right now unless you need the full size iPad screen

What is the problem with android? seems to work fine on my Galaxy S5

My Galaxy Note 4 crashes constantly, yesterday was the first time ever I did 6 batteries without loosing my feed. Every other time it has crashed atleast once or twice using 3 batteries worth of flying.

Latest android version is better. Has usefull gimbal settings like pitch smooth and so on that ios version don't have.

Android version required latest play services 8.1.1.5 or > to run smoothly. That's all.
I'll have to try out my Moto x in the future then. Every other time I've used android app for any length of time I suffered for it

My Note 3 was pretty good with DJI Go, few crashes but some lag. My Note 5 is great, but tiny screen. Bought Tab S2 9.7 after much research and it is great (and it fits in the device holder). Bottom line is that you really need a powerful processor to run the apps (Go or Litchi) and HD capable graphics to view the live feed. Without both, there will be issues.

Unfortunately (at least for followers of the iReligion), Apple doesn't really care about "customers interested in firmware updates". Their biggest (read, most important to them) importance is convincing their 'loyal iSheep' to purchase their "latest & greatest" each, and every, time they release an updated version...and that's something they've accomplished quite well, as people continue to purchase the newest iPhone/iPad every time they release one.

I'm not saying that every iDevice-user upgrades annually, but I'd estimate it's incredibly safe to assume that at least 3 out of 4 (maybe even higher) of them do. Does Apple make outstanding products? You bet they do. Does Apple take care of their customer's problems as quickly, and as satisfactorily, as possible. Again, that's a big 10-4. But, even knowing these things, there's no denying that Apple is also the most greedy tech company known to humankind.

Nevertheless, I wish you the best of luck with the iPad you'll be getting. To me, it doesn't matter whether you're using Android or iOS devices...if you're flying your P3 (back, even the Inspire 1, if I could afford it), have as much fun as possible. The next "best news footage" not shot by a news crew will probably be done by someone flying a DJI drone. :-D
"Mr. Bill" charges his users for every OS upgrade. The Isheep crowd are getting their OS upgrades almost for free. Being in the leaque of the richsest man in the world Mr. Bill seems a bit greedy to me too.

My Note 3 was pretty good with DJI Go, few crashes but some lag. My Note 5 is great, but tiny screen. Bought Tab S2 9.7 after much research and it is great (and it fits in the device holder). Bottom line is that you really need a powerful processor to run the apps (Go or Litchi) and HD capable graphics to view the live feed. Without both, there will be issues.

How well does the Note 5 screen work in sunlight? Which is better in bright conditions?
For me that is the most important thing of all. Even though we hardly ever get any sun when we do I can hardly see the **** thing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl