Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

The note 4 brand new had a lot of video lag that was very unsettling. Luckily I had only had it for 9 days and I returned it for the iPhone 6+ which is almost completely fluid.

I am using LG G2 and I get some FPV lag but it is operational.

I tried Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 with lollipop and it is not operational. The amount of Lag making not possible to work with the application.

I use the Air 2 for all my flying with the Phantom 3 Pro...I can't think of using anything else. BUT...for those of you who use the Air 2, d'you find it drains the battery fast on the DJI remote? It seems it charges itself from the remote power source?! And if so, is there a way around it?

Reactions: Aramis
Nexus 9 with Google Play Services downgraded - works like a charm using the old app 1.0.10. Video is perfect and lagless and I can run a screen recorder etc. Have been out 3.6 miles with no loss of video. With latest Google Play Services works ok but some lag. Samsung S3 and Nexus 10 also work ok but I prefer the Nexus 9 (bought used on Amazon).

I use iPhone 6 plus and mostly iPad Air.

Is there anyone who have tested oneplus one ?

Nexus 10 and Nexus 5 are working fine for me PH3P

Acer Jade S LTE, android 4.4, just on the ground testing , no app crash so far
this phone is quite powerfull 8-core cpu, so no lags expected, though in flight stability yet to be tested

Oppo Find 7A

Works well after clean "Google Services" and return them to factory mode. Its the equivalent to a S5 Galaxy. 5.5 monitor size with a SnapDragon 2.3 CPU Quad and a Adreno 330 GPU.

I have replaced my Nexus 7 with a Chuwi 10.1". The the pilot app was crashing on the Nexus 7 after several minutes and was effectively unusable. The problem seems to have been CPU temperature. The Chuwi handles the app well and has twice the image size which makes reading easier. It is quite heavy with a lens shade so it needs a prop to keep it in position. CPU temperature stays normal while running the app. It uses a current Intel Atom Z3735F CPU that only uses about 2 watts compared to about 4 watts for the Snapdragon S4 in the Nexus but also can tolerate higher temperatures. It is just a stage of development, CPUs are gradually becoming smaller and more energy efficient. The Chuwi would not be suitable for games or video processing but for normal apps it works well. It will also run windows 8.1. The comparison with Android shows how much Microsoft have gone out of touch with mobile computing, the screen in Windows is hard to read, it needs a keyboard and mouse to have any chance of running anything but it can print to a printer and connect to network drives which is not easy with Android.

Eheheheheh.....im waiting for the mine!! But the Vi8 :cool:
I will try use external GPS device with BT and net from my oppo....

Man...can wait to tune it!

Great on Samsung Note 2 rooted running Lollipop 5.1.1 (CM12 custom rom) runs 98 percent stable. On a Rare occasion app will exit and restart in mere seconds during flight, but app never crashes.

No good on my Samsung note 8" tablet running Kitkat. I bet if I put Lollipop on it it will work fine....

Just bought a Nextbook Ares 8 at Walmart for $79.00, and it works great.

Anything new on this? Still working ok? I know usually cheap "fixes" are not very stable but i would be curious to see how this holds up after a few flights.

Reactions: JRH
Acer Iconia works surprisingly well for a $100 tablet. Totally smooth video, snappy performance, bright screen, GPS and GLONASS. The only issues I have had is DJI Pilot will periodically crash on a second flight. To avoid this I cold boot the tablet after each flight.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues