Tablet

Reaction score
Anyone using the Amazon Fire HD 8 with their P3S. I noticed it’s on the approved list. $79 on Amazon. Not a bad upgrade over my iPhone 6 if it works. Thanks

Anyone using the Amazon Fire HD 8 with their P3S. I noticed it’s on the approved list. $79 on Amazon. Not a bad upgrade over my iPhone 6 if it works. Thanks

I'm not sure whose "approved" list you saw. Amazon's latest Fire HD 8 tablet is a great value for media consumption, as long as you can live without access to Google Play. I don't know if you can install the GO app without Google Play.

Phantomhelp.com is where I saw the list I’m reading there’s a way to access google play
51f9c674837181ac41ba08b49c48cb01.jpg

Go is available from Phantomhelp.com ..... no need to use Google Play ...

Nigel

I can't vouch for an HD 8, but I ran Dji GO and Litchi on a basic Fire 7 (2015) for several months after I first got my P3S.

As @solentlife said, GO can be DL'd from a reliable source and sideloaded... but Litchi is a paid app, so you'd have to somehow sideload the Google Play app to get to the Play Store - that's what I did. If you need details LMK. Good Luck

Go is available from Phantomhelp.com ..... no need to use Google Play ...

Nigel
You're correct. I got confused between Google Playstore the app and Google Play the web. The DJI link takes you to the website where you can install to any device registered to you. I grabbed UAV Forecast and sent it to all three of my devices.

The Amazon device may be short on firepower for Litchi, however.

Reactions: kromar
I have used the Fire 7 with no real issues and you can install Google Play store on it. Google it.:)

I've used the 7 & 8 inch Fire tablets. DJI Go does run, but the performance is pretty bad. Factory reset both tablets and disabling everything possible did not help much.

If you look at that list again you’ll see that DJI approved devices have an orange dot beside the listing, and phantom help devices have a green dot. The Fire HD 8 has no dots. That being said, the Fire tablets will run the app, but you may find the experience frustrating. My advice if you do decide to use one is disable everything possible, clear the cache after every flight, and keep the tablet in airplane mode and only enable WiFi when you are going to fly. Using an older version of the app may help too, I think I have 3.1.6 on mine. Good Luck!

I have tried multiple samsung phones and tablets and found it to be hit and miss. I also use litchi much more than djigo and on most androids having litchi and djigo installed can be an issue so I only use litchi. I am not an IOS guy but bought a used ipad Mini2 just for the drones and it works perfect (paid less than $100) it can run djigo dijigo4 and litchi without any conflicts. I also purchased a Iphone 5se just for my mavic for the same reasons. If you fly a lot you will want to use litchi. I now only use djigo for tweaks and upgrades but use litchi exclusively for filming and special effects work.

I ordered the Lenovo tab 4 8. It’s in the list. I’ll delete a lot of non essential apps. Hope it will work. I advise it it ever gets out of single digits here. Thanks for the feedback.

I have the lenova tab4 10 litchi shuts down alot while trying to start a mission. Once it stays on long enough to take off it does great.

I'm not sure whose "approved" list you saw. Amazon's latest Fire HD 8 tablet is a great value for media consumption, as long as you can live without access to Google Play. I don't know if you can install the GO app without Google Play.

I use the Acer Icona 1 10 inch. It's great Has never crashed. Get on Ebay.

I have the lenova tab4 10 litchi shuts down alot while trying to start a mission. Once it stays on long enough to take off it does great.

I’ll be sticking with DJI go for a while. We’ll see how it goes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72