Tablet for P3

Reaction score
updating to P3P soon..like to know couple tablet options for controller mount
I have a iPad4 think its to big to carry on controller...
Couple options and where to purchase them would b Nice
Thanks!!!!

Last edited:
Nexus 7 is about it.
Was hoping someone here would steer me in the right direction
Mostly just watching YouTube Instruction videos about P3
I,do have a Samsung S4 phone also.
Really want a 7 " tablet thou

Reactions: Geert
updating to P3P soon..like to know couple tablet options for controller mount
I have a iPad4 think its to big to carry on controller...
Couple options and where to purchase them would b Nice
Thanks!!!!
Nviida shield for sure, and as a bonus it has a hdmi port so you can plug in a second monitor for someone else to view as you fly.

I just saw a nvidia shield for $199. Is this the one folks are talking about that works well on a P3 or did I just buy a gaming device?
You bought the console. Search for "nvidia shield tablet". Should be closer to $299.

I just saw a nvidia shield for $199. Is this the one folks are talking about that works well on a P3 or did I just buy a gaming device?

Hey bbfpv, I saw the posts for the "nvidia shield" and I ordered it from Amazon. I have a small window to cancel it, IF there is no way it'll work on my P3A. I have used my samsung galaxy 5 for over 60 flights with my P2 vision plus V3, it works very good. I have yet to put my new bird in the air. Updated to 1.18 firmware when it first arrived, just got second battery, and I haven't been able to do anything more. So, cancel the nvidia shield?

You bought the console. Search for "nvidia shield tablet". Should be closer to $299.
Hey I got the message THANKS for your help. Sooner or later I'll get my P3A upgraded and in the air, for now the P2 is keeping me out of trouble. Safe Flying!

Has anyone used samsung galaxy tab S 10.5?
Does it work fine?
Any reviews on that pls.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey bbfpv, I saw the posts for the "nvidia shield" and I ordered it from Amazon. I have a small window to cancel it, IF there is no way it'll work on my P3A. I have used my samsung galaxy 5 for over 60 flights with my P2 vision plus V3, it works very good. I have yet to put my new bird in the air. Updated to 1.18 firmware when it first arrived, just got second battery, and I haven't been able to do anything more. So, cancel the nvidia shield?

The vision app for the P2 is a lot less demanding than the Pilot app for the P3. My Lg Gtab ran the vision app with NO problem but the Pilot app kicks it's butt! I tried my wife's S4, my daughters S5 and my droid maxx HD and all of them had a hard time running the app for the P3.
I went out and got an iPad air 2 because of the high specs and it runs the app flawlessly BUT I'm thinking of returning it and trying the Shield. I just cant justify $500 simply for an fpv monitor! Point I'm trying to make is you can't assume because a device runs the vision app for the P2 well it'll run the Pilot app. Two different animals for sure.;)

It don't fit in you holder on the remote control to big.

I dont want to invest in a new tab now. Is there some holder available to buy which can hold tab 10.5? Ebay ..amazon?
I tried having a look couldnt find it.

I am using an iPad Air 2. I set it to max brightness but it is almost impossible to use during daylight. I see a reflection of myself and/or the sky no matter if I am standing in the shade, no matter the angle of the sun. It is difficult to imagine that any of the other phones or tablet will be any different. I even bought one of the sun shades. Hardly any improvement.
Are there any tricks that you could share or do you all have the same problem that I have?

The vision app for the P2 is a lot less demanding than the Pilot app for the P3. My Lg Gtab ran the vision app with NO problem but the Pilot app kicks it's butt! I tried my wife's S4, my daughters S5 and my droid maxx HD and all of them had a hard time running the app for the P3.
I went out and got an iPad air 2 because of the high specs and it runs the app flawlessly BUT I'm thinking of returning it and trying the Shield. I just cant justify $500 simply for an fpv monitor! Point I'm trying to make is you can't assume because a device runs the vision app for the P2 well it'll run the Pilot app. Two different animals for sure.;)
I understand the investment factor. I have a brand new ipad mini 2 with the retina display sitting in the box... I've heard good things about the nvidia shield..(tablet) on this forum and I'm thinking of getting that, but $400 + is out of reach for now. So here I am with a P3A untouched since firmware 1.18 and 2 batteries and the ipad mini. Physical limitations right now keep me from using any of it. Pretty crappy that there are a lot of fellow flyers still waiting for their orders to fill. Thank you for your response.

Reactions: AmosMoses

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues