System Developer/Drone Noobie help on UAV flight plan creation

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm a drone noobie and looking for guidance on purchasing the correct drone technology to help address my specific use-case.

I have a web application that I want to modify and integrate with a ground station / drone system to support a fully autonomous UAV operation where I can have the system:

- create a flight plan (waypoints, altitude etc) in a standard file format e.g. CSV, XML from data in the web application
- transfer this flight plan to a ground station server which can process and transfer the flight plan data into a drone, and then trigger the drone to execute the flight plan.

The key requirements are the ability of the web application to transfer the flight data to the ground station component without a human in the loop either over something like HTTP or serial port, and then the ground station upload the flight plan to the drone over something like bluetooth.

Is this possible? I've looked at the DJI Matrice 100 onboard SDK and Ground Station Protocol and that seems to support this operation but I would like to know if there is a cheaper alternative setup as I'm currently attempting to build this only as a prototype solution. Ideally, I'd want something that is fairly 'off-the-shelf' and not something I can to build from scratch.

Any help in the right direction is much appreciated,

MP

This sounds like a question best suited for DIYdrones or the DJI Developer Forum. Best of luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie