Switching from MOV to MP-4 and changing the Gimbal from FPV to stabilized

Reaction score
Two questions I am embarrassed to ask, but I have drained the aircraft battery poking around, so I;m gonna ask,
How the heck do you change the video output to MP-4?
How do you change the gimbal status from FPV to stabilized for video?
I can't find either of these options in the Pilot app (I'm using the Android version).

Thanks for any help.

Two questions I am embarrassed to ask, but I have drained the aircraft battery poking around, so I;m gonna ask,
I can't find either of these options in the Pilot app (I'm using the Android version).

Thanks for any help.
From camera screen
For MOV Mode>settings (4 dots) > video format
For FPV/Follow Mode>Gimbal icon>Gimbal Mode=Follow or FPV

Disclaimer. This is on the IOS app but should be the same in Android.

From camera screen
For MOV Mode>settings (4 dots) > video format
For FPV/Follow Mode>Gimbal icon>Gimbal Mode=Follow or FPV

Disclaimer. This is on the IOS app but should be the same in Android.
The Android app must be different. I'm not seeing what you are describing.

Well that sucks, you would think they would keep them as much the same as possible, seems they would need two versions of the manual in that case, one for IOS and one for Android.
It's like I don't have a full set of controls on the app.

V 1.10

5th sub icon on setting - gimbal picture on left - gimbal mode - fpv / follow

IU can't see mov / mp4 on android... am I going nuts as it is on ios

If you are running the app and connected to the bird in camera mode, you can click on the four dots in the right hand corner of your screen.

You should get a drop down menu. On the left side of the screen pick the camera. Go to advanced to select your exposures, ect.

I don't think there is a choice for FPV or stabilized like PVs. It's all stabilized.

As already said to get to the followme/fpv mode press the 4 dots on the upper left, then its the 5th (gimbal) icon down.
63r5n6.png

To get to the mov/pp4 option, press the "Fn" above the record button, then advanced options and you will see it there.

Thanks for any help.

What version of the app are you using? Version 1.1.0 is the most current.
Load the Pilot app from the dji site if you are running anything different.

Hi All!
In this case I have a question: what if the gimbal mode isn't switching to FPV?
App v1.2.0. Im trying to change from FOLLOW to FPV, but the camera still working in FOLLOW mode. Though in the settings it changes to FPV. What could it be? Hardware malfunction in the gimbal? (I wish it just be a software bug ) :-\

Hi All!
In this case I have a question: what if the gimbal mode isn't switching to FPV?
App v1.2.0. Im trying to change from FOLLOW to FPV, but the camera still working in FOLLOW mode. Though in the settings it changes to FPV. What could it be? Hardware malfunction in the gimbal? (I wish it just be a software bug ) :-\
You should make sure the bird is up as well, and that the communicatin between transmitter and bird is established !

It is. Everything is fine and operational.. except those Video Decoder Encryption Error message. But it shouldn't be a reason for that change mode bug. I think...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic