Switching from mode 2 to mode 1 DJ 6 transmitter

Reaction score
Hi, am fairly new to the phantom but loving it! Just want to switch to mode 1. I have looked online and only see info for switching connections on transmitter. I have removed the cover to find that my electronics board is not like the one pictured. Both my gimbal controls are self centering. Assuming I can switch using software. Have looked on naza-m v2 but no mode switching option. Would love any help I can get. Thanks

I have the same issue but in the other way.
I ordered the dj6 with the throttle on the left stick but got one with it on the right side...
If i just switch the connectors inside the dj6 the controls are upside down but on the right side.. is there any way to do this the correct way? As stated before the videos online and included in dji pdf just shows the old transmitter.

Thanks
Christofer

I think i actually made it :)
Open the transmitter switch position on the two connectors in the middle (those who goes to the sticks)
close everything again and connect the phantom to the computer, press reverse on all controllers and do a calibration on the transmitter and voila!

hope it helps
/Christofer

I dont have any pictures of the interior of the transmitter but it is actually really simple.
unscrew four screws on the back of the transmitter, open the the transmitter slowly and you now see the main board. with four connectors on.
the two in the middle goes to each sticks. switch place on those two and now you have changed the sticks but they are now inverted and upside down.

Close the transmitter and screw all the screws back.

Download the assistant software from dji.com, connect the phantom with the usb cable, start the assistant software, power up the phantom and transmitter. If this is the first time you connect your phantom you maybe need to upgrade the firmware and you do that via the "upgrade button"
Now you press the "basic" button in the software (se picture) press calibration "start" button and move all your sticks in all directions one by one and when you are done press "finish". Now you need to press the buttons on the right of the control axes so it says "REV" (see picture)

Now just shut program down, power down phantom and controller and then power on again and now it should work.

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2014-01-10 kl. 15.44.03.png
    Skärmavbild 2014-01-10 kl. 15.44.03.png
    124.9 KB · Views: 1,778
I dont really know what mode 3 is sorry!
I am just testing different metods to fix my problem when i cant find Amy info about this anywhere:)
And i went from mode 1 to mode 2

aquqatuz.jpg

Im just asking if you only changed up and Down does on the sticks or tis the intime gimbal you have changed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hmm intresting, mine is now more like mode 4 :) but i like it very much.
left stick is throttle and left to right movement. Right stick is forward/backwards and rotation.

I think its possible to get the other modes via calibration

;)
I really would like to have forward/back and turn on the same stick and then have up/down and left/right on the other.
Doesent matter what mode.

Great diagram

I think I'm going to switch to mode 4 as well (by swapping connectors), it would hopefully make it more like flying a fixed wing.

(Thought its been quite a while since I last flew fixed wing RC.)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic