Switching DJI Phantom 3 controller from Mode 2 to Mode 1

Reaction score
Hi there. New to the drone world and hoping I can get some help. I've seen other posts and youtube videos for changing from Mode 2 to Mode 1 on older model controllers but I haven't seen anything for the Phantom 3 Advanced controller. I did watch a transmitter upgrade tutorial and it looks like there is a lot more to opening up this controller than the older models so I haven't tried it. I guess my main question is once you get the controller open to the electronics is it basically the same switch as the older models or is there something else to it.

Many thanks.

Are you referring to switching between CE and FCC? If so, that's no longer a manual setting. It's auto set by your Phantom's current GPS location.

No, I'm referring to switching the sticks on the controller so that my left one does what my right one does and vise versa. Would also like to get my up/down throttle inverted but that's a whole other ball of wax. You see I'm a gamer and I'm so use to the controls on the Playstation that I am having a terrible time figuring out how to maneuver.

No, I'm referring to switching the sticks on the controller so that my left one does what my right one does and vise versa. Would also like to get my up/down throttle inverted but that's a whole other ball of wax. You see I'm a gamer and I'm so use to the controls on the Playstation that I am having a terrible time figuring out how to maneuver.
You can configure the sticks to how you want them in Remote Controller Settings in the GO app.

Reactions: Glenn-BoB
No, I'm referring to switching the sticks on the controller so that my left one does what my right one does and vise versa.
You can change the stick mode in the "Remote Controller Settings" --> "Stick Mode" section of DJI GO.

Reactions: Glenn-BoB
You can change the stick mode in the "Remote Controller Settings" --> "Stick Mode" section of DJI GO.

I didn't see that anywhere in there. I shall check again. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

i dont have a device yet to run the app is there another way to change to mode 1

g'day fellow Phantom Pilots: (although I have not got mine off the ground yet!)

Can we get back to Glenn-BOB original posting : I have the same problem
Correct me if I am wrong, but what we are talking about is physically changing the throttle action from the left (MODE 2) to the right (MODE 1)

The controller is the new 'throttle hold' type

looking forward to your replies
.... many thanks

p.s. strange how MJX-X101 has a controller which can operate under MODE 1,2,3,4

On the P3S it is changeable in the app from mode 1, mode 2, mode 3 and custom - where you can set the sticks anyway you want them to work.

Thank you KongWeks, and ianzone
l, up to this P.I.T. have flown "manual" helis and quads. .... physically [getting out the screwdriver) changing gimbIes are well documented (even two YTs for the P3s)

Before, Manually, I always would start the quad, with throttle in 0% position and on the RHS ............up till now!!!

yes, I checked MODE 1 when I activated, .... and yes now the R stick acts as a throttle (up and down) .... changing the throttle lock over from LHS to the RHS still puzzles me

I understand now that I can start, with the throttle in the centre position ! .... all this GPS is amazing !

........ hope my post at least helps others who come to the p3s purely from a 'manual' environment !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20