Switch guards for Phantom TX

Reaction score
I have found my fumbly fingers inadvertently moving the S1 and S2 switches while flying. As I'm getting ready to start flying in NAZA mode, I started to think about how to make a switch guard to prevent accidental mode changes.

It turns out that the cap from an Avery brand highligher (model 2359X) fit nice and snug in the tiny groove between the plastic indent and the metal ring of the switch (top left pic). I just cut the cap down to size and used my Dremel to create a slight rounded edge to allow the switch to make full throw. They fits so snug that I won't need to glue them in, it's just a press fit. I can pop 'em out anytime I need, but the switches work fine with them installed like this. I suppose I'll make a few extra, as this kind of thing tends to go on safari.

Note: I had to loosen one switch a tiny bit to re-center it in the hole, which meant that I had to open the TX up. Very simple to do if you have to.

:D d86

Attachments

• switchgrd.jpg
    switchgrd.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 522
doug86 said:
I have found my fumbly fingers inadvertently moving the S1 and S2 switches while flying. As I'm getting ready to start flying in NAZA mode, I started to think about how to make a switch guard to prevent accidental mode changes.

It turns out that the cap from an Avery brand highligher (model 2359X) fit nice and snug in the tiny groove between the plastic indent and the metal ring of the switch (top left pic). I just cut the cap down to size and used my Dremel to create a slight rounded edge to allow the switch to make full throw. They fits so snug that I won't need to glue them in, it's just a press fit. I can pop 'em out anytime I need, but the switches work fine with them installed like this. I suppose I'll make a few extra, as this kind of thing tends to go on safari.

Note: I had to loosen one switch a tiny bit to re-center it in the hole, which meant that I had to open the TX up. Very simple to do if you have to.

:D d86

I would leave the failsafe off if you have a problem already hitting switches just set the settings to GPS ATTI ATTI
if you need failsafe you can always turn off the controller .
I had a bad switch after a week on my vision 1 and it would not stay in gps kept going to atti
siio it would suck to have it keep going into failsafe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic