Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. KR W

I have a Google Nexus 9 I have been using with my P4. Yesterday it broked down, and noe I realize that this is a bit of a problem.
    I have a brand new Samsung Galaxy S2 8" that i had hoped to use instead. Did it work?! No.

Looking at the list with supported Android devices it's amazing how DJI only are supporting a few brands and models on the market.
    I can't find any of them in my country (Sweden). They are old, and the vast majority of them have gone out of market.

I have been un contact with DJI some months ago about this, and the only reply I got was a request regarding which tabs are available in Sweden.

After this: Nothing.

Does anyone know how to tweak the S2? I have tried what I found on the Internet, but no way.

Phantom 4 is a very solid product, but the lack of devices "compatible" with P4 sucks

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

What exactly isn't working?

I have a list of other devices that are known to work here.

3. KR W

4. KR W

I can see that Samsung Galaxy S2 8" is there, but only 2015 version.. :(
    And, sad to say, NONE of the 8" tabelts are available in Sweden.

5. kloader

I use the 8" Galaxy S2 with the P4. I use the following work around to get past the connection problem: Turn on the P4 and controller, connect your S2, and then restart the S2 and you should connect fine. I have to do it every time for some reason. I gave up trying to find my way around the restart.

6. KR W

Naaaahh. I had it to work one time after a reebot of the S2. DJI GO didn't find the camera first. I had to power cycle the remote to get it on.
    The next time i tried th conditions were back to normal. That is: No connection..

After a while I'm getting an error msg on my S2 telling me that the connected unit cannot "open data" on this unit (the S2)

#6 KR W, Sep 17, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  7. Troyr

I have a Galaxy Tab that I am using for flying - for reasons that I have not yet figured out, I found that I have to restart the tablet each time after connecting it to the controller in order to get it to connect to the drone. Shuffling the cable, restarting the app, etc did not make a difference, only rebooting the tablet - weird. I don't have any other non apple devices to try so I don't know if this is something unique to the Samsung devices, but I know other people flying with android devices that do not have the same issues

8. scootrkitz

Try this. Go to about device. And click on build number until developer options come up. Then turn USB debug off and switch it to USB configuration RNDIS

9. Jimmy1952

I suppose for warranty reasons folks want to use a "supported device" . There are devices that work quiet well , not on their list. I would certainly try and use a supported device from their list , but that list is not written in stone....Thanks and safe flying!