Support Ken Heron !

Reaction score
Ken Heron is a great friend to the drone community. He educates and entertains thousands of people every week with his YouTube videos and his Thursday Night Live program. Unfotunately, Ken was in a car accident and needs our help. He was driving back from visiting his mom when he was hit from behind. He has broken ribs, a back injury and a totaled car. Even with health insurance, his time in the hospital and loss of his car are a big financial hit. We are estimating that between his hospital bill and need for a new vehicle, he's going to be out of pocket thousands of dollars. That's where we can help! A donation, in any size, will help Ken stay on his feet financially and show him that his community cares! Please consider a donation of any size. Even the small ones will make a huge difference. 100% of the money will go to helping Ken stay out of debt and get back to flying drones and making videos soon.

Click here to support Support Ken Heron Accident Recovery organized by Kelly Shores

Oh my goodness... I am subscribed to his channel and he didn't know this... This is terrible.

Poor guy. Really do like he's channel. Hope he makes a fast recovery

Surely the other persons insurance will pay for most everything. I was hit in the rear and was surprised on how the insurance paid up. They paid me more to settle the case and i never ask for a thing.

Surely the other persons insurance will pay for most everything. I was hit in the rear and was surprised on how the insurance paid up. They paid me more to settle the case and i never ask for a thing.
That's if the guy have insurance... What would happen if he doesn't have? I know for a fact that he could go to jail for possible DUI.

That's if the guy have insurance... What would happen if he doesn't have? I know for a fact that he could go to jail for possible DUI.
The old woman didn't have insurance. Then some how an insurance step up and took care of the situation. Maybe inWV. they have some kind of protection for such a thing. I know it wasn't my insurance company. No lawers on my end. My grandkids are covered till they turn 21 if something should come up. I started their collage fund with the extra cash.
I wish the best for him, really and hope all goes well. Has anyone said if he is getting compensated? I hope he gets well compensated for what has happened.

He has done a couple of live videos from his hospital bed,
Luckily his dog was totally fine,
He thinks his drone hardcase is what hit him in the back, breaking it in 3 places.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
In CT we all have to a pay a small fee on our automobile insurance referred to as 'Uninsured Motorist & Underinsured Motorist'. This allows coverage for an incident that was not your fault, if the driver that was at fault did not: have coverage or have enough coverage. I would be surprised if many states did not have a similar standard.

Either way, let's not steer this into an insurance discussion. I have only seen Ken's videos on YouTube, and do not otherwise know him. He is certainly passionate about the UAV industry, and he's been a great source of practical information for many folks regarding all things 'drone'. Downtime itself is expensive, and being a badly injured victim of a motor vehicle accident is a profound experience that none of us want. I am glad that the community of UAV enthusiasts is helping the poor guy out...

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I don't know Ken, but I have watched a few of his videos. At best, the insurance will pay for the value of his car, a 2011 Mazda RX8. With a KBB value of between $8K to $10K, the insurance money would be enough for a down payment for another car, but the rest of the price will be out of pocket. From watching his hospital videos, he has 2 broken ribs and 3 broken vertebrae and faces possible surgery for the latter. He's going to be out of work for a while. I think it's great that he has friends that setup the GoFundMe page and it reached it's goal in just two days.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31