Super Moon 2016

It's a screen shot from my video up about 300ft. I overlaid a Super Moon shot I took with my Nikon D5500 on a tripod with a 200mm lens. Shot at 1/4000 sec at f5.6 ISO 100. It is located correctly where the Super Moon is.

I think I'd at least tried to make the cut and paste background transparent. Looks cool tho.

How's this.....?

superMoon.jpg

Show us your Super Moon shot or video!
==========================
ObiDon, are you saying the capture of the city scape and the moon in the upper right hand corner are one shot from the 20mm lens on the drone? The moon would be way overexposed with an exposure that got all the city lights shown also the color balance of the moon would be different. This is my humble opinion with 45+ years behind everything from an Argus C3 to a 5x7 Sinar and about 15 years with Photoshop. Just questioning in a good way. Maybe you got more schooling than I did.

Ok so you did drop an image from another camera in this shot. I knew the moon would no way be that big if captured with the 20mm on the 4k camera. Another thing... if the moon ever came that close to earth it would be the last second of earth's existence as the gravational pull would break both appart. Nice shot though -

Sent from my SCH-I545 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: ObiDon and lmayes69
It's a screen shot from my video up about 300ft. I overlaid a Super Moon shot I took with my Nikon D5500 on a tripod with a 200mm lens. Shot at 1/4000 sec at f5.6 ISO 100. It is located correctly where the Super Moon is.

That's a great moon shot for a 200mm lens. I tried similar settings on my Canon Rebel with a 200mm, but I was disappointed with the results.

Reactions: ObiDon
That's a great moon shot for a 200mm lens. I tried similar settings on my Canon Rebel with a 200mm, but I was disappointed with the results.
I use a remote shutter release, to keep any camera shake from blurring the shot. Also with my Nikon there is an option to do a delayed shutter, which flips the mirror up one second before the shot is taken.

Reactions: DennyBoBenny

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.