Sunset Bomb

Starz, doesn't appear that your image was made with a drone, unless it was barely off the ground.

Post number 13 picture is about 20 feet away from a cliff face. Distance below mp2 pro approximately 300 feet to ground. Distance from home point I won’t say.

• Haha
Reactions: Shoot4fun
Starz, doesn't appear that your image was made with a drone, unless it was barely off the ground.
Here you go. Match it up.
2B8318BF-ED01-4618-A01D-E364C82236B7.jpeg

That was full auto
Aim to the clouds which are coloured by the sun. Not directly to the sun because you'll get everything black.
When you have the drone up just move camera a bit up and down and you'll notice a huge difference in picture quality (correct light) which depends on the point were does the camera measure light from.
There is no universal guideline. Just try.
At your 'full auto' picture you just had luck to get it such.

I wish I had that much open space to fly.
There is nothing wrong with the p3
Oh, I know. But someone, who shall remain nameless for now, has caused me to want more! I love my P3, and I'll keep the 2 I have now, but if the deal I made last night holds I'll step up a little... As for the scenery, yes it is great! I tend to forget how good I have it until I go somewhere else. Never was much for cities, or even big towns.

And you will be happy with your upgrade. The picture quality will be worth every dime.
And yes, the space you have is probably one of your larger assets.

That was full auto
I believe, unless you are a news reporter or journalist, you should process the image to reflect your artistic assessment of what you want to show. Normally I try to capture an image in such a way to avoid over exposing the lightest areas using the histogram to manually adjust the exposure (vs. auto setting). Then, in post processing you may want to adjust local exposures (rather than global exposure) as needed. In cases where the dynamic range is too great, blend multiple exposures.

Reactions: Adamborz
Sunrise shots have proved more reliable for me for good blue light shots. Good sunrise/sunset shots are best after there has been a little weather in the area. For the most control over the image shoot raw in full manual, bracket your images so you have a range of light to dark, and most importantly be patient. I have shot sunrise/sunset shots every day for a week to get that one lucky shot. Make no mistake- you need to be lucky as well. I don’t care if your Ansel Adams, you can only capture what Mother Nature puts in front of you. That’s why the Blue Planet guys spend 6 weeks in a duck blind to capture a 3oz bird dancing for 30sec. (Couldn’t do that job to save my life)

I’m too lazy to find and upload the original images, but here are a couple of screen captures to add to the mix.

2CF99AEA-A91C-4C45-871F-69E196B4ACB8.jpeg

A8426083-4F54-4ED7-8FBC-CE9DF9BB2614.jpeg

271A417A-BC80-4770-A221-306A65DFE31E.jpeg

86457ACA-A38F-4B57-9EE1-C7CB07E4BC6C.jpeg

I like all the photos... and I’m a professional photographer (well I get paid anyway lol).

Adam

I believe, unless you are a news reporter or journalist, you should process the image to reflect your artistic assessment of what you want to show. Normally I try to capture an image in such a way to avoid over exposing the lightest areas using the histogram to manually adjust the exposure (vs. auto setting). Then, in post processing you may want to adjust local exposures (rather than global exposure) as needed. In cases where the dynamic range is too great, blend multiple exposures.

Like stated above, plus I shoot in raw (DNG digital negative)

I'm about as far from professional as one can get, so anything not blurry to the point of unrecognizable is pretty good to me...?

Reactions: Adamborz

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4