Sunset at the top of the contiguous 48

Reaction score
I love my P4P
MtElbertEvening.jpg

Outstanding!

Details on the exposure and other settings?
:confused: welll... I'll say that I used a Freewell graduated ND filter and shot a bunch of 5 shot HDR series, and picked one to import to photoshop for merging. The camera and the aircraft are both amazing.

Not to give anything away but that looks like it was taken from almost the exact spot my phantom was at the end of my block.
That's not a photo, it's Google Maps 3D. I positioned it that way using Gmaps to match your photo. When I was in the Rockies I would use Gmaps3D to select launch points. You can determine visibility of mountain tops and valleys by using the 3D option, as if you were flying around in an airplane. Very handy planning tool. I'll be back next fall, love that area in the fall.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Litchi now has a great tool to plan your mission in Hub using Google Maps, sync to your device and then set height AGL at your waypoints. It used to take an extra step with Gmaps3D but has been simplified. I just discovered it cant wait to use it.

Litchi now has a great tool to plan your mission in Hub using Google Maps, sync to your device and then set height AGL at your waypoints. It used to take an extra step with Gmaps3D but has been simplified. I just discovered it cant wait to use it.
Are you saying you can see GMaps3D imagery now in Mission Planner?

Are you saying you can see GMaps3D imagery now in Mission Planner?
I may have mis-spoken. What you see in /hub is the flat, 2D satellite image and height at waypoints is set relative to home point, but when you sync to your device you are able to edit the waypoints with a couple of clicks to height AGL. It is suggested to have GMaps Pro open when planning mission so that you can see the contours as you are planning, however it is not necessary to still be able to convert your height to AGL in your device. Cool stuff. HERE is the thread that links details.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Locke
I may have mis-spoken. What you see in /hub is the flat, 2D satellite image and height at waypoints is set relative to home point, but when you sync to your device you are able to edit the waypoints with a couple of clicks to height AGL. It is suggested to have GMaps Pro open when planning mission so that you can see the contours as you are planning, however it is not necessary to still be able to convert your height to AGL in your device. Cool stuff. HERE is the thread that links details.
Thanks for the YT links, that explains the new feature really good. I'll have to look into that. I haven't updated my Litchi app in long time, so I'll update and check it out.

Reactions: higherperspective

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing