Suddenly nothing works

Reaction score
I've just had a pretty mystifying time.

Yesterday I flew a Litchi mission with my P4A, and everything was fine.

Today, nothing worked. First, m\I kept getting 'disconnected' on the Litchi app, but that's quite usual - I often have to switch the craft off and on again, and the same with the controller, then sometimes have to mess about with the'file transfer' control on my Nexus 7, in order to solve that.

But then I tried to calibrate the compass, and the voice said 'calibration failed'. I did this several times, even taking my jacket off and putting it at a distnce so my keys wouldn't affect it. Then I finally got the voice saying 'calibration successful', but the 'your compass may need calibrating' sign was still on the screen. So I tried calibrating the compass gain, and the voice stat\rted saying 'calibration failed' again.

So finally I tried to launch the craft, just to fly it around near me. I pulled the sticks back and nothing happened. The motors were dead. I tried repeatedly, but the motors wouldn't start.

The weird thing is, I was standing almost on the very spot I had flown a successful Litchi mission the day before.

The only thing I can think of is perhaps DJI hve brought out newer firmware and it is suddenly blocking me from taking off until I install it. But I only updated the firmware a few weeks ago.

Has anyone any ideas about what might be going on here?

I'd probably check everything, battery levels connections, etc., and try somewhere else, absolutely clear of any possible restricted areas, electrical interference, or anything else you can think of. You could also try another device since the Nexus sounds a bit problematic.

There was new controller firmware recently, check the software versions in DJI GO.

I do know if the controller has the new firmware and the drone still has the old you are not going anywhere. You may have camera view but it won't connect to the drone

Please revert back to old working SW/FW if possible

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I don't think it will let you take off with a compass error. Mine has been giving me the "Aircraft Warming Up" message a lot lately, and that keeps you grounded.

Well, this is really strange. This evening I opened the DJI Pilot app to try to update the controller firmware as GeoffJ suggested, but it said the firmware was up to date. So I got the Phantom out, fitted the props then tried to calibrate the compass. It calibrated with no problems at all. Then I tried starting the motors and they started as normal. So then I loaded the Litchi app and started the motors. Again, they started normally.

This is weird. This morning, the compass wouldn't calibrate in the middle of a field, but this evening it calibrates in my living room just inches from a metal radiator. This morning the motors wouldn't start. Now they do. Same firmware, same battery, same everything.

I just can't explain it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers