Successfully updated P3P and Litchi installed

What the hell are you going on about??? I said I bought the app ! I never said I was forced to do so. $15 is money....I don't care how much my phantom costs....that's not how I base my choices. I'm grateful to the dev ! I'm not at all sorry I bought the app. Now go blow your trumpet to someone else

Sorry, when I upset you. That was for sure not my intend.
So if you are not sorry you bought the app and you are grateful to the developer the world seems to be okay. Enjoy it. The pain about the $15 will fade soon and the you you might have with your investment might last much longer.

I think you will really enjoy it, @Volkhard . Since I started with the alpha version several weeks ago, I think I've only flown once with dji go - and that was to test how something worked compared to litchi. My only real reason to open dji go is to change the camera settings, but I don't really do that frequently. Do start slow, though, and learn the settings. It has evolved rapidly into a fairly complex app with a lot of features and option - great for us as users but can lengthen the learning curve. Also, though much behavior is similar to dji go (since they use the same firmware), in some cases to gain user flexibility the app implements functionality differently than the dji go app. Sometimes that is fairly obvious (no 500m limit, higher speeds in follow me, etc.), sometims it isn't. For example, because you can preplan and there aren't as many restrictions, you could theoretically plan an orbit mission that takes you out of rc control. If that happens and you can't regain control, it will orbit until it reaches critical battery and then land where it is (it wouldn't rth in that scenario). This is something being discussed in the discussion group on google (access through the flylitchi.com website to read up) and may lead to a change - but you should know. Lack of no fly zones is another difference. I guess what I'm saying is that litchi is substantially more powerful than dji go with fewer restrictions and governors - you can do more, and you can screw up more.

As to the cost conversation - traditionally orbit was an extra. While I was testing, the developer decided to include it in the base cost - but has said he still may use add-ons for major feature additions in the future. Among users and testers actively engaged in the discussion group, I saw no-one squirm. In fact, most suggested a willingness to pay more and some even encouraged they go to a monthly or annual subscription model. Though I am usually "tight as a tick", I'd have no issue paying more to keep this fantastic app in constant development.

Hmm, well, your guess is a bit off base. I left home and joined the Air Force as soon as I graduated from School. Worked hard at my educational & career goals. My parents paid for neither. I served 20 years and retired from the military two decades ago (likely when you were still in diapers?). I still work full time, 50-60 hours a week. My Dad has been gone over 35 years, but we didn't have many "extras" or a family business as I grew up and what I did get, I appreciated. I'm likely older than your Dad, or maybe even your Grandfather. So thanks for the lack of respect and nasty comments. I wish you all the best with your "toy", but please just be a bit nicer to folks on forums. Most are actually just trying to help.

Some days I love the internet and all it has to offer and other days... sigh
You're priceless, trying to tell me how to feel about spending $15. Shame on you ! If you're that old you clearly remember the great depression (maybe you caused it ;) )
JK..... just spending money cause the price is low is the thinking Walmart banks on.....
The goal with products these days is cheap price (china), this helps sell the buyer to a product they didn't even know they wanted.
Thanks for your service (hopefully you're a good person) but don't impose your views onto others as it just might not fit. Why is it a problem that i gave it consideration before purchase to you? I ended up buying it before this thread existed, i just stated that i wrestled with the idea due to the price.....which is extremely fair in comparison to autopilot, but still $15. We live in a fast paced world where stopping to smell (buy) every rose adds up and slows you down.

To get back on topic....
I, like many others I'm sure, decided to buy lichi the same day that the new firmware came out. I'd love to know just how many people bought litchi over the past few days. It's clearly an application that has had its development driven by what the customer wants, and not restricted by fear of potential legal action. And that's fine... DJI should focus on producing the best possible phantoms (which means they don't crack when you stare at them too hard).
DJI Go looks a lot more polished, and (I think) has a great camera interface. Litchi on the other hand looks a little less pretty, but adds tons of functionality to the flying capabilities of the phantom. I'm sure it will only continue to improve. In my opinion, it is easily worth the $15, especially knowing that it will keep evolving.
Both apps are really good, each has their place. If we only had Litchi, people would be complaining about all the camera functionality that we don't have.

Sure it would be nice if we had everything in a single application, but right now we've got 2 apps - and between them we get the best of both worlds!

Last edited:
what a pratt
Leave it alone Suka.

tumblr_m3oa1okjJF1r3d8abo1_500.png

Last edited:
It supports the P2V+ and Inspire. Good for me as my Backup P2V+ with gopro is supported.
Its well thought of and built for the enthusiast who demands a little more and know what they are doing.
I do like the following:
Magic leash - pairing up with another gps device for follow me.
Curved turns - nice fluid automagic waypoint transition.
You can plan on the ground - DJI GO app needs you to be airborne. This kills battery..

@SENC
Thanks for your insides and your warning. I was actually wondering what happens if one looses radio contact and thanks to you I don't need to find out! I was contemplating it would return to home in that incident, but I can see how that curtails possible missions where loosing of radio contact is possible. It would violate the rule of Line of Sight but I could imagine some missions where an obstacle might create a short loss... Returning home automatically from any possible point of the mission could be hazardous. Perhaps a "return home by backtracking" would be a viable alternative (as long there is more than 50% battery left).

As you have the experience perhaps you can answer my question: If I loose radio contact but my mission continues and actually brings the Phantom back into reach, would radio contact re-established? I could imaging missions where perhaps the most distance way-point might be out of reach but the next way-point would bring it closer again.......

For sure all this opens a whole new line of thoughts and some decisions to be made based on new options and limitations. It's all pretty exciting and for sure we have not seen the last of it. I am wondering what the future will bring, but for now I have my hands full just to master Litchi as it is!

I just got my Phantom but have been reading the forum for weeks. I think I'll have to get Litchi if I want to set up the flight way points prior to flying them. My understanding is that with the DJI software you have fly it first and mark your way points as you fly? I understand DJI's safety issue, but it seems to be defeating the purpose to some extent and a bit redundant. Does anyone know if the Litchi developer plans on upgrading camera settings and control in the near future? I'd like to be able to program in more control over the camera or at least be able to change things on the fly.

Yes. I think the camera stuff is next in line. They develop stuff pretty fast so you can bet it will be showing up pretty quick.

And you are correct. With DJI missions it is more of a replay than a mission. Not to mention with the DJI app you cant control camera tilt where with Litchi you can.

Yes. I think the camera stuff is next in line. They develop stuff pretty fast so you can bet it will be showing up pretty quick.

And you are correct. With DJI missions it is more of a replay than a mission. Not to mention with the DJI app you cant control camera tilt where with Litchi you can.

Thanks. I'm gonna get Litchi today. I'll be looking forward to the camera upgrades. With some enhancements in that area, I think it will be the best all around option for the P3. I haven't seen a lot of complaints or bugs reported since it went public so that's very promising.

I have been using it since Alpha testing stage. It has been stable since I got involved. Anything considered a bug would have been simple stuff like how it turned when it got to a waypoint, etc. So its been solid for me from Day 1.

There are none at this time.

At first they were charging for things like orbit but decided to include it in the purchase price.

What are the in-app purchases?
From what I've read (and I've been reading everything I can find about it). There are currently no in app purchases. Everything is included now. There may be some in the future.

I have litchi. Haven't tested it yet though. Couple questions:

I often get disconcerted/no signal prompts when I connect my android phone. It's REALLY annoying. Do you know if litchi might work better with that regard?

Second, do litchi flights record the flights under DJI so they'll show in the log? And does using litchi void warranty if a disaster happens?

I doubt Litchi will improve your issues as I think thats a DJI problem. When you install Litchi you are going have two apps that will work of course. I normally plug in my USB cable last and it give me option when I do asking do I want to use Litchi or Go. I select the program I want to use and click the just once so it prompts me the next time. Using this method I never have connection issues.

And regarding logs. I think the only way you can accumulate time under Go App is flying with Go. But I dont know for sure.

And finally DJI warranty is about non existent so not sure it really matters what app you are using. If you have a problem its about impossible to get DJI to do something about it.

Reactions: JBG
I did a poi orbit mission and could control the camera tilt and also change radius as it flew it's mission. Very pleased with go app on that... Have not tried way points yet because my video signal won't connect after my first battery ... I was in Argentina maybe that's why I dunno ... Landing in la soon though so I'll update

I`m pleased with litchi. Used it for two batteries yesterday for the first time.
Tried follow me and waypoint. It`s really good.
- DJI GO and litchi does not synchronize flight logs.
- If you fly and image or TX range exceeds and falls out the litchi waypoint route you`ve set up will continue, it will not return to home.
- I hope Litchi will design the app better, like DJI on the design look, and I think they will have the camera configurations in some of the nearest updates.
That will make the app perfect, but it`s kind of sad that the logs dosen`t get saved to DJI GO app, because I like the view of that log.

My point is, buy it and you will not regret it. It`s cool to just make a point, enter height and it will takeoff and do what it`s asked to do without doing that in the air. You save alot of battery with that.
I can`t see why DJI GO can only use thoose features in air, it`s not a safety issue is it? I think it`s more safe to set waypoint POI etc on ground and not in the air, but who knows, I guess DJI has a reason for why they did it that way.

Similar expectations here. I aquired Litchi and though not lot of time, am reading the manual, have seen user comments. Am sure it can fulfill part of the overall needs.
Pix4D is in beta for android, coming for ios, and can map objects and environment in 4d. Autonomous flight. On p2/i1 now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj