Successfully updated P3P and Litchi installed

Reaction score
I must say, I am impressed with the total package I now have. The update was without any problems. Everything seems to be just fine. I also downloaded Litchi and started to play with the functions. I can't fly before tomorrow but it all feels very competent and well programmed. It looks like Litchi might become my standard app to fly my Phantom 3P.
While I appreciate the efforts from DJI to introduce more automated functionality, leaving it up to the 3rd. Party developer to focus on autonomous flight seems to be the right idea. If DJI focusses on designing and manufacturing the leading quadcopters and add efforts in better customerservice and faster turn around, we will have the perfect package.

I remember the beginning of May when I preordered a Solo + Gymbal because I wanted the automated funtionality that was promised. Half way through I gave up, cancelled my Solo order and purchased the P3P. Today is the day, where everything I was longing for came through and I am looking forward to actually test and use my setup. The timing is perfect as I am leaving next Monday on a 6 week trip to Europe and decided to take my Phantom with me, hoping to find not only the opportunity to hone my skills with the new setup but also find worthy objects for video and stills.

what do you think of litchi is it worth the bucks to buy it?

what do you think of litchi is it worth the bucks to buy it?
I just bought it today as well, looked around through the app but haven't got a chance to fly, but from what I've read its way above the go app, lots of modes and settings and a dev who is prompt, competent and has a reasonable price. It took me 3 days to pony-up and buy it because $15 is 15 dollars.

do you have to buy any add-ons? thats what annoys me with some of these 3rd party apps you fork out and buy the app and then there are add on prices too!!:mad:

do you have to buy any add-ons? thats what annoys me with some of these 3rd party apps you fork out and buy the app and then there are add on prices too!!:mad:

You buy the base app and there is a couple of add-ons but will be less then $20 all up, well worth it. You'll love the auto flights but also you will cringe as you watch it dance in the sky and do it's thing. Just keep your finger on that switch in case something does go wrong, so far nothing has for me.

For me it's a well worth investment augmenting the abilities of my Phantom. Now I have to work on bringing the operator /pilot (me) up to snuff

No add-ons. For $15 you get App plus all the working modes (Litchi)

How does Litchi do on device resources, I have seen mixed messages on this.
Well I have two tablets. An Asus ZenTab and Samsumg Tab S.

The samsung runs Go app terribly but works with Litchi. Not sure if you can use that as a gauge or not.

As soon as Litchi adds all the camera functions I wont be using Go at all.

Reactions: SENC
How does Litchi do on device resources, I have seen mixed messages on this.
Not sure, hadn't noticed anything....I use Tab S 8.4' wifi 3gb RAM and 1.9ghz(quadcore) +1.3ghz(quadcore) w/6 core gpu ARM Mali-T628 MP6. (I also rolled back Google Play Services)
I only use my tab for the phantom and in my car as a media player.....so I never have more than a few apps running. I have not flown yet with Litchi but walking through the app modes and settings I'm really looking forward to it.

I can't find the litchi app. What do I type in search for it?
Go to playstore.....search for "Litchi phantom3"
Screenshot_2015-09-10-10-44-16.png

I recently bought Litchi also. Haven't had time to test it thoroughly, but very pleased with what I see. After all the money I've spent on the P3, extra batteries, props, Case, DBS Mod and so on, $15 seems like nothing for a app that will let me do the things I want, like pre program waypoints offline.
Cheap for what you get as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: Fplvert
I recently bought Litchi also. Haven't had time to test it thoroughly, but very pleased with what I see. After all the money I've spent on the P3, extra batteries, props, Case, DBS Mod and so on, $15 seems like nothing for a app that will let me do the things I want, like pre program waypoints offline.
Cheap for what you get as far as I'm concerned.
Well I don't find it cheap. Cheaper (than Autoflight) yes, but I struggled mentally to even pay $15 for it (as awesome as it is). Sure a night out at dinner or a bar costs way more but family and friends are priceless, a good time out with family/friends beats my best day out flying my phantom....and I love my phantom, just saying.

Well I don't find it cheap. Cheaper (than Autoflight) yes, but I struggled mentally to even pay $15 for it (as awesome as it is). Sure a night out at dinner or a bar costs way more but family and friends are priceless, a good time out with family/friends beats my best day out flying my phantom....and I love my phantom, just saying.

No one is forcing you to buy the app and everyone has different priorities. Perhaps the new build-in functionality in GO is all you need and want. I find Litchi to be very fairly priced and the developer will only get a return on his efforts if he can sell many, many copies. I am sure he spent endless hours developing and will continue to do so. Paying him for his effort is just fair. If you like/want/need the Litchi functionality you would need to come up with some idea to save $15 somewhere to afford it.

I am running Litchi on a Galaxy Tab 8.4 Pro and had not the opportunity yet to check it out in the wild. Very windy day on Ecuador's coast today. Tomorrow a full work schedule but hopefully I will find a little time on Saturday or Sunday, despite the last travel preparations and securing the house for my 6 week trip to Europe starting on Monday.

I will post my real experiences with Litchi and the performance on my tablet. At the moment Go will be used for camera settings and if that (hopefully soon) is doable with Litchi I might use it as my main control app......

Reactions: Lyle Hardin
No one is forcing you to buy the app and everyone has different priorities. Perhaps the new build-in functionality in GO is all you need and want. I find Litchi to be very fairly priced and the developer will only get a return on his efforts if he can sell many, many copies. I am sure he spent endless hours developing and will continue to do so. Paying him for his effort is just fair. If you like/want/need the Litchi functionality you would need to come up with some idea to save $15 somewhere to afford it.

I am running Litchi on a Galaxy Tab 8.4 Pro and had not the opportunity yet to check it out in the wild. Very windy day on Ecuador's coast today. Tomorrow a full work schedule but hopefully I will find a little time on Saturday or Sunday, despite the last travel preparations and securing the house for my 6 week trip to Europe starting on Monday.

I will post my real experiences with Litchi and the performance on my tablet. At the moment Go will be used for camera settings and if that (hopefully soon) is doable with Litchi I might use it as my main control app......
What the hell are you going on about??? I said I bought the app ! I never said I was forced to do so. $15 is money....I don't care how much my phantom costs....that's not how I base my choices. I'm grateful to the dev ! I'm not at all sorry I bought the app. Now go blow your trumpet to someone else

What the hell are you going on about??? I said I bought the app ! I never said I was forced to do so. $15 is money....I don't care how much my phantom costs....that's not how I base my choices. I'm grateful to the dev ! I'm not at all sorry I bought the app. Now go blow your trumpet to someone else

Whoa.. someone needs a Snickers bar...

Think how many "priceless" nights out with family and friends you could have paid for with the price of your P3... if you can't justify $15, how in the world can you justify the cost of the P3? I hope you're making lots of money with your quadcopter to help you sleep at night... just saying. To each their own. By all means, if it doesn't interest you, don't buy it.
I've spent the price of a phantom on a night out! I don't ever plan to make 1 cent with my phantom....it's just a real cool toy to me :)
You sound like the type of kid that runs daddy's business to the ground because you don't respect the small things

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4