Stupidity at the highest level

What a baffoon.

As the offence was carried out in Israel, it's a long way from the FAA's jurisdiction..

Yeah but their laws are even more strict than ours. Not saying the Mossad will be coming for him, but a bunch of people on YT & FB indicated they had reported him to Israeli authorities - and he didn't exactly hid his identity.

I hate to say this, but be ready for more and more of this idiocy in the coming years as the drone market is *rapidly* expanding.

Reactions: Neon Euc
He's now under investigation...
"יכול להיות אסון": הטיס רחפן ליד שדה דב וסיכן מטוסים

(Used Google translate so the wording is a little off, but you get the idea)

"It could be a disaster": the pilot flew past Sde Dov and endangered airplanes
A young man from Tel Aviv flew a hovercraft close to the landing strip and documented a few meters away. This is a serious violation of the directives of the aviation authorities, and following the documentation published on the network, an investigation was launched. Transportation Ministry official: "Troubling and severe, awareness must be raised before disaster happens"

Itay Blumenthal Posted: 15.07.17, 14:32

Distance to a few meters. The documentation he brought to the investigation (Photo: Niv Stubnitzky, NS films & editing)

sf_vbar.jpg

By Taboola
Promoted Links

"When I was on the floor, they tied me up and sexually assaulted me, and then I was sent to solitary confinement." A boy who has been abused ...

Find Out Why Shoppers Are Loving This New Deal on RazorsDollar Shave Club

OJ Simpson's Daughter Just Turned 31 And Looks IncredibleSportingz

Danger of air: A video of planes landing at Sde Dov in Tel Aviv, from a very close view of Rahafan, was published this weekend by a young man from Tel Aviv on his Facebook page and is disturbing the aviation world in Israel - which has yet to find a solution to a phenomenon that could lead to an aviation disaster. Following the video, an investigation was opened by the police and Israeli aviation authorities, and a source at the Transportation Ministry said Saturday that "this is a disturbing and serious incident, and we must raise awareness before a disaster occurs."

In a video that appeared on the net, several passenger planes, including Israir's ATR and Arkia's aerobics aircraft, were visible in a dangerous and dangerous distance, returning from Eilat. After the photographer who uploaded the video to his Facebook page, he received the most furious reactions from surfers, especially from riders who expressed concern about the worsening enforcement in the field. "This is the real test of the Civil Aviation Authority to deal with criminals who do not observe the rules and do not tighten the rules with whoever is in order."

From the documentation published on Facebook (Photo: Niv Stubenzky, NS films & amp; editing) " titlecredit="" style="margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; cursor: pointer; position: relative;">

From the documentation published on Facebook (Photo: Niv Stubenzky, NS films & editing)

(Photo: Niv Stubenzky, NS films & editing)

The first directive under "Do not do": Do not fly near airports or air planes " titlecredit="" style="margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; cursor: pointer; position: relative;">

The first directive under "do not do": Do not fly skis near airports or near airplanes in the air

Many surfers tried to explain to the photographer, in his 20s, the seriousness of the actions, but the video is still in the air: "One day someone like you will crash a plane," a surfer wrote. Then he tried to explain to him: "The saddest thing is that you leave dozens of families without their loved ones, forget the illegal side of the matter, does it really make sense to you to risk all this for as many good fools as possible?"

With the increase in the popularity of riders in Israel, there have also been some very serious safety incidents in recent years. Last year planes were diverted before landing at Ben-Gurion Airport after the Israir pilot spotted a hovercraft near the landing strip. About two years ago, an Airbus pilot of Brussels Airlines loaded with passengers reported to the control tower that he identified a skimmer flying 100 meters from the plane.

According to IAA data, in 2015, pilots reported 15 incidents in which Rav Lahav approached manned aircraft and in 2016, 14 such incidents were reported, according to a representative of the Central Bureau of Statistics, who spoke at the Knesset Science and Technology Committee at the beginning of the year, The report was a pilot of a passenger plane himself.

Since the publication of the video, the Airports Authority and the Israel Airports Authority (IAA) have begun to examine the matter and take care of it severely. A source in the Transportation Ministry said that "this is a case that appears to be particularly serious and disturbing, but it does not appear that the operator

And yet even now.. People are still commenting on he's Facebook account lol

==========================================================

My understanding is that it is pretty universal world-wide that you are not to be operating drones within a couple of miles of airports. Seems hard to believe in this era of mass-communication, anyone with half a brain would not know that.

All that being said.. I am puzzled at all the fuss. Granted, depending on the lens-camera set-up, things can be made to appear closer or further than they are. Dosnt seem to me ( and again, I admit my lack of expertise in such matters) that this Israeli guy's drone was anywhere NEAR the airliners. The better part of a MILE away ?

Bottom line - a clear violation of common sense - we don't need people like him adding to the anti-drone hysteria. But is this really all that "news-worthy"....was there really any hazard at all ?

Who can tell us roughly how far that drone was in fact away from the inbound "track" of that airport ?

Great. Thanks for posting AM. Maybe the news media will pick up this article and turn a bad situation into good..........mainly by stating that the "drone community" had an influential part in wanting to stop this guy. 'Policing our own' so to speak.

Let it be known, if you compromise the safety of others, you will be ratted out by the drone community. Again, thanks for the news @AirMan05446. [emoji106]

I am puzzled at all the fuss. Granted, depending on the lens-camera set-up, things can be made to appear closer or further than they are. Dosnt seem to me ( and again, I admit my lack of expertise in such matters) that this Israeli guy's drone was anywhere NEAR the airliners. The better part of a MILE away ?

Don't believe your lying eyes., LOL. He says he was 1/2 mile away. And that was just where he launched - you can see him move in further into the NFZ from the bar where he took off.

I can't believe you posted that stupidly! It's folks like you that get bans imposed for all of us, with behavior like that! I don't care what you think, that flight endangers everyone within those airplanes, and those on the ground! This is not a toy designed for idiots, such as yourself, and is considered a career and money maker for others, and you're destroying that opportunity with your selfish inconsiderate behavior!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik