Stupid question: squeezed battery safe to use?

Reaction score
So I left my friend alone with my new P3P for a few minutes as I went to deal with the BBQ, and I came back to him squeezing the (fully charged) battery pack saying "oh these things are a bit squishy". I'm worried that squashing it a bit could have damaged it.

I explained how sensitive LiPos are but he didn't really seem to understand. There was no dent in the cell he was squeezing (or anywhere else for that matter). I haven't had a chance to try it out yet (beyond turning it on and seeing what the app reports - all cells looked fine, normal voltage). All I'm worried about is: a broken battery, reduced battery life, bursting into flames next time I charge it, bursting into flames when I next fly it, and the flying spaghetti monster devouring me. I'm ultra paranoid about my Phantom so please just tell me I'm being stupid and let me get back on with my life without worrying?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Got any Pics?
'Squishy' is subjective and non-dimensional.

Puffing however is a part of the LiPo life-cycle.

Nope, but the battery looks perfectly normal. No puffy look. I'm literally just worried that squishing the battery itself would have damaged it. Which is a stupid concern, right?

Really, you reckon it's broken or damaged then? I mean it looks totally fine...

Do you have a picture of a dent that you can share with us?

How strong is your friend? :eek:

There is no dent, I'm 90% sure this is just me being paranoid.

And not very :p

Might be a good time to start storing your batteries in an ammo box. I do. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic