******* stupid man

Reaction score
Yep I'm cursing, and i know I shouldn't but I've just made the school boy error of not checking the white camera lead being fully inserted into the socket and I've blown the board.

I've dropped solder between the 2 points of the failed component and restored power but will this last or am I gonna have to fork out for a new (2nd hand) board.

c7b69662e2b014b719d0bdd60348a021.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Sorry to hear that. I guess that might be one reason why the plug has silicone on and around it. But you gotta do what you gotta do. Thanks for sharing. Let's see what @J Dot has to say...

Hello Crash,
( thanks for the alert Mark )

Yes all p2 mainboards are the same, your seeing the RF board ( can be removed for instal on p2v. ) but any p2, p2v, or p2v+ mainboard will work.
Sorry this happened to you, bummer!
Hope this helps!

J Dot
:cool:

Reactions: Mark The Droner
@J Dot , not sure if alerts work using the phantom app, i can see what you mean about it being the receiver board now I looked closer at it, I've just decided to get the P3 standard, don't need lightbridge or VPS, but I'm waiting till after Xmas to see how the prices are and if the P3A is within budget will get that instead.

@ Mark The Droner

Sorry should have been more explicit, it's the plug end of the White cable which goes into the camera(or in my case the gimbal) that wasn't fully inserted and thus caused the issue.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
@J Dot , not sure if alerts work using the phantom app, i can see what you mean about it being the receiver board now I looked closer at it, I've just decided to get the P3 standard, don't need lightbridge or VPS, but I'm waiting till after Xmas to see how the prices are and if the P3A is within budget will get that instead.

@ Mark The Droner

Sorry should have been more explicit, it's the plug end of the White cable which goes into the camera(or in my case the gimbal) that wasn't fully inserted and thus caused the issue.

Don't get the Standard!!! you will be kicking yourself because you are NOT really upgrading. Lightbridge is really Lightbridge ahead.. Its worth the few extra bob for signal penetration and assurance. Nothing worse than FPV drop out and losing your drone from a tall tree on RTH. If you have Lightbridge, there is next to minimum chance of drop out in 1km radius.

With the P4Pro/Mavics out, their has been a massive price drop on the P3's which in my mind is still a very very capable drone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31