Battery level inconsistency between assistant and Vision app

Reaction score
I have searched through the forum and can't find this problem, but there are a LOT of topics so I apologise if this has been covered before...

I have a Vision+ v3.0.
I crashed my Phantom the other day into a tree. It dropped about 15ft and landed in a soft bush. The first thing I checked was the ribbon cable and, thankfully it was still intact (probably thanks to the camera guard I have attached). However I could smell burning from one of the legs so I knew I had blown an ESC board. One of the motors was grating when I spun the prop so that needed replacing too.
I ordered the parts and eagerly made the repair, but in the process I noticed that the socket for the cables from the intelligent battery sensor (the two small cables not the main power cables) had come loose from the main board. Sure enough, when I tried powering on the Phantom, I had a solid red light and when I connected to the assistant I had a missing battery/"not DJI intelligent battery" warning. I VERY carefully made a repair by cutting off the socket and plug from the end of the 2 cables and soldering them direct to the board - picture below.

Doy2vHz.jpg

I had to solder direct to the edge of the small chip for one of the cables as the track on the board where the socket used to be attached had come off with the impact of the crash. This was done with as little heat applied to the edge of the chip as possible and as quickly as I could.
Now I can power on the Phantom, start the props spinning and take off. I do not know if I can get GPS lock yet as it is very late and very wet outside! But I am getting slow blinking yellow LED's with the controller switched on (ready to fly with no GPS).

But here is the problem...
On the Vision app on my Samsung Galaxy S4 the battery is reporting as 0%, and it is grey as if there is no battery there, so I am getting a 0 minutes flying time in the top bar. However, when I connect up the phantom to the assistant on my Mac, the battery info is all correct. The battery is fully charged, has only been discharged 6 times and has a life of 98%.
In the Vision app I can see the camera feed, the memory card is blue when inserted, as is the wifi extender icon. Like I said, haven't managed to check the GPS yet, but the GPS icon is grey with 0 satellites at my table in the house.

I have re-installed the Vision app. Twice. Still the same problem.
I have done a basic and an advanced IMU calibration.
I have calibrated the compass.
I have even run through the RC calibration (RC assistant first, followed by Phantom assistant).
The wifi extender and the remote control are both fully charged.

Nothing seems to get the Vision app to see the battery. Please can anyone help?
Many thanks.

Re: Battery level inconsistency between assistant and Vision

Update :

I took the Phantom outside this morning and powered her up. After 30 seconds or so she had GPS lock and the LED's were flashing slow green.

BUT... The Vision app reported zero satellites and the radar had the phantom right out at the edge from it's central point.
I think there is something wrong with where the Phantom communicates the info with the wifi network.
I don't know whether to trust that the Phantom has a GPS lock and attempt a RTH from a short distance. I am worried that will risk a flyaway as the previous home point (where I had the crash) is a few miles away.

Has anybody ever seen anything like this?!

Well, in case anyone has this problem in the future, I managed to fix it!

I discovered that the smallest of the three plugs that clip into the top of the camera gimbal had broken and the 4 small grey cables had come loose. It was just a case of putting the cables back in and glueing them into the plug as the piece of the plug that held them in place had snapped off.

Now everything seems to be working but, as usual in North Wales, I have to wait for the weather to clear for a test flight! Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Sparhawk12345 said:
Now everything seems to be working but, as usual in North Wales, I have to wait for the weather to clear

Glad you got it fixed, im hoping to get over to Prestatyn on Saturday or Sunday if your anywhere near let me know.

Ah that's a shame, I'm leaving for London Saturday morning for 10 days. Won't be taking the Phantom anywhere near Heathrow though! :)

Send me a message if you are over this way again. After London I'm around until I go back to work at the end of Feb...ish.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj