Study tips

You can find a list of commonly used study resources here.

Best way to study for the part 107 exam?
I've used Prepware Remote Pilot for both my initial and recurrent Part 107 tests. It is really nice and only costs a few bucks, if I remember correctly I got a 95% on the recurrent test. You can get it on Google Play HERE and on iOS HERE

Best way to study for the part 107 exam?
If you do nothing else, buy yourself a copy of the Sectional Chart that covers the area nearest where you live - and STUDY IT intensively - even when you are waiting for a pizza, a haircut, or just looking for something to do in the evening. Study it instead of watching TV, because you can expect 5 to 10 questions about what information the chart tells you.

Reactions: Dee4president
I recall missing a question on tire pressure. What? We should remember that not all drones are quadcopters. It's the little things which trips one up.

GREAT advice!! I have a whole fleet of sUAS/Drones and only about 1/3 of them are MultiRotors (I have quads and Hex).

Some people feel like the questions aren't fair because they talk about things like weight & balance, airport traffic patterns etc and these don't apply to them. But every remotely piloted aircraft under 55lbs and not flown by the military fits into this classification regardless if it's a heli, airplane, or mutilrotor. Just because you or I may not be exercising the full scope of the test, others in the country are doing those exact things and it should be a part of the test.

Look for Tony Northrup in YOUTUBE. He has a video on the test and some nice work on drones in general. I read a book or to and then took a 1 day workshop at the photography event in Dallas and took the test the next day. Different perspectives help a lot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues