Stuck in Manual Mode

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a question, I'm looking at drones right now and I've found one I'd like to buy but the seller says the drone only flies in manual mode. What would cause something like this? How would you fix it? I've seen some guides on plugging the Phantom into a computer and fixing the settings but is there a way to fix this manual mode problem? He says it doesn't connect to all the satellites.

Thanks everyone!

Hey guys I have a question, I'm looking at drones right now and I've found one I'd like to buy but the seller says the drone only flies in manual mode. What would cause something like this? How would you fix it? I've seen some guides on plugging the Phantom into a computer and fixing the settings but is there a way to fix this manual mode problem? He says it doesn't connect to all the satellites.

Thanks everyone!

Could be two things going on here-
-if it won't change out of Manual it could be a defective S1 switch where is has broken internally and is stuck in the manual mode position. Connection to the computer with the driver and Assistant software can diagnose this. A new switch is just a few $ US.

-the comment about not getting all the satellites may indicate a broken or damaged GPS antenna or even the entire 'puck' or module. In this case you can still fly in Atti. mode which is very different form Manual in that you still have the stability automatically maintained but will drift with wind and inertia from movement. A new GPS module costs about $160 US.

Could be two things going on here-
-if it won't change out of Manual it could be a defective S1 switch where is has broken internally and is stuck in the manual mode position. Connection to the computer with the driver and Assistant software can diagnose this. A new switch is just a few $ US.

-the comment about not getting all the satellites may indicate a broken or damaged GPS antenna or even the entire 'puck' or module. In this case you can still fly in Atti. mode which is very different form Manual in that you still have the stability automatically maintained but will drift with wind and inertia from movement. A new GPS module costs about $160 US.

Thank you for the advice I really appreciate it. I'm still trying to gain a better understanding of things. I hope it's an easy fix. I'm going to(hopefully) be test flying it this weekend. Do you have any tips on what I should look out for? Also would crashing cause something like the GPS or S1 Switch to brake?

On a different note, what are the different fly modes?

Thank you for the advice I really appreciate it. I'm still trying to gain a better understanding of things. I hope it's an easy fix. I'm going to(hopefully) be test flying it this weekend. Do you have any tips on what I should look out for? Also would crashing cause something like the GPS or S1 Switch to brake?

On a different note, what are the different fly modes?

Well I gave you two common examples of what has been know to fail frequently and YES a crash can easily damage the GPS antenna.

There's way too much you need to learn for me to begin to tell you.

Google and YouTube will be much better for you to use for research. You really need to do your homework before flying.

Well I gave you two common examples of what has been know to fail frequently and YES a crash can easily damage the GPS antenna.

There's way too much you need to learn for me to begin to tell you.

Google and YouTube will be much better for you to use for research. You really need to do your homework before flying.

I'll have to examine the Phantom carefully before I move forward with it. I've been researching and reading on up them before I actually try one. I need to learn more about the different flight modes.

I'll have to examine the Phantom carefully before I move forward with it. I've been researching and reading on up them before I actually try one. I need to learn more about the different flight modes.

Please do.

Thanks everyone!

Are you talking about a Phantom which only flies in manual, or something without a Flight Controller?

I think the seller is possibly confusing manual mode with ATTI mode. You should confirm with him.

In ATTI mode, the quad will stay level by itself, as well as maintain its heading. It just won't maintain its position (GPS is needed for that). In manual mode, the quad will not do anything by itself. You must react to even keep it level.

The Drone is a Phantom 2, with an H3-3D gimbal attached. I've uploaded some pictures.

Attachments

• Drone 1.jpg
    Drone 1.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 298
  • Drone 2.jpg
    Drone 2.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 284
  • Drone 3.jpg
    Drone 3.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 290
  • Drone 4.jpg
    Drone 4.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 277
Reactions: IflyinWY
In ATTI mode, the quad will stay level by itself, as well as maintain its heading. It just won't maintain its position (GPS is needed for that). In manual mode, the quad will not do anything by itself. You must react to even keep it level.
I believe those modes can be changed by connecting the Phantom to a computer, correct?

I believe those modes can be changed by connecting the Phantom to a computer, correct?

The computer and assistant software allows the assigning of the lowermost position of S1 to be be Fail-safe or Manual after enabling Naza mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav