Struggling to Get Youtube To Recognise my Videos as 4K

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to the forums, and I just wanted to thank you in advance for reading my post and for any help that is offered.

I have the Phantom 4, but the one thing I haven't mastered yet, is getting youtube to recognise my phantom video files as 4K. I have listed my setup and settings below, and I'm hoping someone can offer some advice on anything I may be doing wrong.

Every time I upload to Youtube, my videos are just being listed as "HD" and not "4K".

In my latest test, I took the raw phantom files direct from the memory card and copied them to my laptop and uploaded direct on youtube.com and listed them as private - I left it for 12 hours, and checked back, but they were still "HD"

I use a new MacBook Pro with touchbar.
Memory Card: Sandisk Extreme 32GB U3

I have the following settings set in the DJI GO App

Video Size: 3840x2160 - 30fps
Video Format: MOV
NTSC

Once the files were transferred to my laptop, they weren't touched. No editing at all. I just uploaded direct to Youtube.

Is there any other settings that I should check? Or anything else at all?

One thing I did notice, is when I view the test video file on my Mac using quicktime, I looked at the Movie Inspector, and it had the frame-rate as 29.97fps. Does that matter? I did set the frame rate as 30fps in the DJI Go app.

Many thanks for any help

If you use iMovie on your mac and directly upload videos to YouTube, you can pick 4K option successfully.

It's not YouTube that is not recognizing 4K , it's rather your app uploading to YouTube restricting 4K.

If you use iMovie on your mac and directly upload videos to YouTube, you can pick 4K option successfully.

It's not YouTube that is not recognizing 4K , it's rather your app uploading to YouTube restricting 4K.
Hi alokbhargava. Thanks for the reply.
When I did my last test, I didn't use any software such as iMovie or final cut to upload to youtube. I just uploaded directly on youtube.com using my web browser. Do I always have to upload using something like iMovie or final cut?

Can you provide a link to one of those videos? You probably will need to adjust the display while the video if playing and select 2160 4K.

Can you provide a link to one of those videos? You probably will need to adjust the display while the video if playing and select 2160 4K.
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Here is the link,

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That video is in 4K.

In fact, going to your channel, all your videos are in 4K.

Are you sure you're just not waiting long enough to allow YouTube to process the 4K version? Often there's a lower-res version available at first, with other resolutions available after the system has had time to process them.

That video is in 4K.

In fact, going to your channel, all your videos are in 4K.

Are you sure you're just not waiting long enough to allow YouTube to process the 4K version? Often there's a lower-res version available at first, with other resolutions available after the system has had time to process them.

Now thats a weird one. As soon as you said that, I knew what the problem was. I use the safari browser, so I quickly opened up Chrome and tried all my videos again, and as you pointed out, they are in fact all in 4K. So for me at least, the problem was trying to view the videos on youtube using Safari. Chrome was fine.

Many thanks for your help.

Reactions: Mr. Salty

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic