stress cracks & reinforcement plates

Reaction score
Hi guys [& gals]
Has anyone had experience of fitting reinforcement plates to the arms of the P3? I have just had to have the shell replaced because of stress cracks, which I believe are an unwanted free extra with the P3! There are some old posts about these reinforcement plates, but the company no longer exists. I've found some in alloy on Amazon, but the instructions say you have to remove the existing screws which hold the motor & replace them with supplied longer screws [obviously] . I'm not particularly good with my paws, & I'm wondering whether that's as easy as it sounds, since during the process, the motors will no longer be screwed to the shell. Any tips, warnings, caveats, instructions welcome.
Thanks

Hi guys [& gals]
Has anyone had experience of fitting reinforcement plates to the arms of the P3? I have just had to have the shell replaced because of stress cracks, which I believe are an unwanted free extra with the P3! There are some old posts about these reinforcement plates, but the company no longer exists. I've found some in alloy on Amazon, but the instructions say you have to remove the existing screws which hold the motor & replace them with supplied longer screws [obviously] . I'm not particularly good with my paws, & I'm wondering whether that's as easy as it sounds, since during the process, the motors will no longer be screwed to the shell. Any tips, warnings, caveats, instructions welcome.
Thanks

It’s easy enough to do pal but I don’t think much of the plates because if it’s cracking then I would like too see it as the plates would be covering up the plastic witch may be cracking so if it gets bad enough you would not see the severity of it and the end will be the same seeing them and not doing any thing about it you motor arms will snap mid flight righting off you drone I would keep changing it when you need to or even try turning down your throttle response and fly it slower or from a modding perspective take the lid off and carefully put A poxy resin on all four corners of the drone being careful not to go above the motor mounts as they position the motors in the right angle hope this help pal

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj