Strange?

Reaction score
Hey fellow drone flyers, I have somewhat of a question.

I live about 35 miles northeast of a large city, 8th in the US. Anyways no air traffic in my town ever besides the random air life helicopter and the major airlines about 10,000 plus up in the air. So I was flying my drone roughly 400 feet last night getting some good shots of the town on a calm night, no wind. On my second battery about 5 minutes in, I hear what sounds like a chopper coming in my direction. I have a vacant field in front of my house 50 plus acres and then there is a tree line so I could not see him but hear it getting louder and louder. I realize it is coming in my direction. This is out of the norm as there is no air traffic in my town. So I drop down to about 50 feet into the field. The chopper I can now see it coming in my direction, bright light on the front, cruises right over my drone and my house. Doesn't hover, doesn't slow down though he wasn't going that fast to begin with and just kept going. Pretty sure it was a military chopper. Huge and loud.

Of course I panic and pack it in and wait for a swat team to show up or something though nothing materializes. Could it be just curiosity from the pilots, maybe someone calling in a UFO since it has bright red and green lights (DJI Phanton 2, V3) or maybe it was actually picked up on radar? Any thoughts to this?

Attachments

• DJI00610.JPG
    DJI00610.JPG
    643.4 KB · Views: 341
Nope, it wouldn't be visable on radar and I doubt the pilot saw it, in the air, if you couldn't see him.
Also, I would think if he was interested he might reduce speed for a better look.
Pass it off as coincidence and pull the desk away from against the door!

I have heard a lot of these stories. I guess because it was at night they may have seen it however chances are they would have tried to avoid it if they saw it.

No not strange.

How about the heli was just flying from one place to another and you just happened to be in the chosen path.

Why so concerned they were looking for you?

PhantomFanatic said:
Nope, it wouldn't be visable on radar and I doubt the pilot saw it, in the air, if you couldn't see him.
Also, I would think if he was interested he might reduce speed for a better look.
Pass it off as coincidence and pull the desk away from against the door!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik