Still photo settings in Raw

Reaction score
Obviously the ISO, shutter speed and EV settings apply in either JPEG or Raw. I'm assuming most (or all?) the others do not. Does anyone know exactly which settings apply in Raw? Probably color balance - I guess I could easily test that one.

None of the settings besides the exposure affect the RAW .DNG image. Exposure settings being the ISO and Shutter in the case of P3 as the Aperture is fixed.
This is the point of shooting RAW. You can adjust EVERYTHING after in post.

I did go ahead and check color balance, and indeed Raw is color balanced according to your setting. Based on loganboyd's response all other settings are ignored - unless anyone knows of other exceptions.

I did go ahead and check color balance, and indeed Raw is color balanced according to your setting. Based on loganboyd's response all other settings are ignored - unless anyone knows of other exceptions.

Yes, the raw file will remember the color balance you used, however, if you decide to change it, you do so with no degradation to the file (unlike in jpeg).

Yes, you can pick a WB and that will show up in Lightroom as the As Shot WB but it can be changed to anything

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic