stick sensitivity

Reaction score
Hello people,

Not really sure how or where to search for this topic, but if anyone can help out or direct me to the topic that would be great.

I am piloting a P2 with GoPro Black and Zenmuse 2D. I have noticed at times in light to no wind situations and in a slow move across the yaw axis I sometimes get a jerky movement. I also would like to slightly change the sensitivity of the sticks to play with different control inputs. Any info on these two issues would be great.

Thanks,

Eric

There was a post in rcgroups which gave instructions as to how to install a switch and a potentiometer wired into the yaw control. Flicking the switch gave a variable setting for the yaw sensitivity. I think it gave as low as 20% of normal. This enabled nice slow rotating shots. I have the pot and its on my to do list...one day. Ill try and hunt out the link if you want? I have the gimbel tilt pot to replace first.

The other more expensive solution is an aftermarket controller with more bells and whistles.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

spitfire44 said:
Hello people,

Not really sure how or where to search for this topic, but if anyone can help out or direct me to the topic that would be great.

I am piloting a P2 with GoPro Black and Zenmuse 2D. I have noticed at times in light to no wind situations and in a slow move across the yaw axis I sometimes get a jerky movement. I also would like to slightly change the sensitivity of the sticks to play with different control inputs. Any info on these two issues would be great.

Thanks,

Eric

You can change your right stick sensitivity by adjusting down your Attitude pitch/roll gains. The P2 (especially in the latest firmware update) is set extremely high, something like 260%. I fly mine at 80% for slow, steady AP/AV style pans.

Unfortunately, the thing a lot of people want more control over - Attitude yaw gain, isn't available, you'd have to use a 3rd party controller that supports dual-rates or make your own as Irish describes above.

IrishSights said:
There was a post in rcgroups which gave instructions as to how to install a switch and a potentiometer wired into the yaw control. Flicking the switch gave a variable setting for the yaw sensitivity. I think it gave as low as 20% of normal. This enabled nice slow rotating shots. I have the pot and its on my to do list...one day. Ill try and hunt out the link if you want? I have the gimbel tilt pot to replace first.

The other more expensive solution is an aftermarket controller with more bells and whistles.

Think this is the post you was talking about. It's on my todo list as well :D
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... count=2990

xgeek said:
IrishSights said:

Think this is the post you was talking about. It's on my todo list as well :D
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... count=2990
Yup, thats the one

So the two options are a mod to the DJI controller or a 3rd party controller like a Futaba?

I don't really want to spend big bucks replacing the DJI, but I am a little bit lacking in electronics knowledge to wire up a pot into my DJI. What's the level of difficulty doing it oneself?

Thanks,

Eric

spitfire44 said:
So the two options are a mod to the DJI controller or a 3rd party controller like a Futaba?

Or if you just want slower, smooth elevator/aileron, change your atti pitch/roll gains.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl