State Farm insurance

I'd say that most likely it is the agent. An agent is going to make next to nothing on a $60/year premium so why hassle with the work. They would rather get people to change over a higher premium policy under them for the commission.

And I would tend to agree but, I don't know for certain why some are told yes and others are told no, so I try not to assign blame. But, yes, that could well be the reason for reports like that from @Kissthesky being posted here. If that's true, it's sad.

Reactions: Kissthesky
And I would tend to agree but, I don't know for certain why some are told yes and others are told no, so I try not to assign blame. But, yes, that could well be the reason for reports like that from @Kissthesky being posted here. If that's true, it's sad.
It was a local agent that I have known for many many years. I am now 44 years old and I went to preschool with her daughter. This isn't just some find a random agent this was a family friend and she also went to the underwriter.

The fourth agent told me he didn't know but would find out and get back to me. He called back later that day.

Yeah, that was my experience also. The agent I contacted didn't know S-F could insure drones on a PAP, but he told me he'd check on it and find out. He called the underwriting dept., then called me back later and said, "Let's do this" and proceeded to write up a policy. The rest, as they say, is history. Glad to hear you found an agent who was motivated enough to investigate.

It was a local agent that I have known for many many years. I am now 44 years old and I went to preschool with her daughter. This isn't just some find a random agent this was a family friend and she also went to the underwriter.

Like I said, I can't explain why some are told yes, and some are told no. Somewhat of a mystery.

Mine: Florida, State Farm I have auto insurance which was required to get this policy . It's an add on policy just as you would have for expensive firearms or jewelry. Cost $75.00 per year / no deductible. Covers drone, controller and (1) battery against theft or any kind of loss (Flyaway) ( Must be because our state did vote for the current POTUS :-O

I insured my P3P with them and after a crash submitted a claim. Very straightforward. No problems or hesitancy at all. Received a check for $1200 or so shortly thereafter. Insured the next one with them, and after that one crashed several months later I was prepared to submit another claim. I was told that it would also be paid, but that then they would likely cancel my homeowners policy, with which I have cameras and computers listed like the drone. I guess you can't blame them for not wanting to insure expensive items for only about a $60 premium that are likely to crash on a regular basis. I would guess that eventually their claims department would realize drones can be risky to insure. I recommend them.

Do you have DJI care refresh ?

Sorry to hear that you were told S-F wouldn't insure your drone, but there have been some reports by others here that they to received the same response as you, so I fully believe you. I don't know if that's based on the state you're in, or based on your local agency's policy, or if the agent simply isn't aware that S-F agents in some states are writing Personal Article Policies to cover drones. Technically, your insuring a (flying) camera, although the coverage is for related accessories as well. There is no liability coverage included. I would suggest contacting some other agents to see if you get the same story. If you do, you may be in a state where S-F can't issue a PAP to specifically cover drones. The underwriting dept. that your local agents work with are the ones who have the real answers. I hope you find a solution. Good luck.
Maybe it’s a country thing? I’m in Canada, is anyone on here from Canada that has State Farm Insurance on their Drone?

You mean...the biggest money making scam DJI has?? Hahaha

Money making scam? It’s saved me hundreds of $ . I paid $167 for DJI Care refresh and have not regretted.. I have 2 brand new Mavic pro s to prove it.. serious

Money making scam? It’s saved me hundreds of $ . I paid $167 for DJI Care refresh and have not regretted.. I have 2 brand new Mavic pro s to prove it.. serious
Before I ever bought my p4p, before I ever took off from the ground with it...I studied, reviewed, watched so many videos it was stupid and talked to hundreds of people. In the end I opted out of the care refresh and went straight to real insurance. You are one of the lucky ones

Reactions: Daasmangi
Before I ever bought my p4p, before I ever took off from the ground with it...I studied, reviewed, watched so many videos it was stupid and talked to hundreds of people. In the end I opted out of the care refresh and went straight to real insurance. You are one of the lucky ones

It works but the catch is you have to pay for it and register within 48 hours of turning your P4P on. I flew my first MP into a tree it fell 20 meters and smashed it gimbal.. it still flew but the gimbal and camera didn’t work. I sent it in and the replaced it with a brand new MP a few months later I flew backward into s tree and it got stuck so high up I had to chop a branch down to retrieve it and broke off the rear Left arm and they replaced it with another band new drone.. so it worked for me.. you should try it too

Reactions: Kissthesky
It works but the catch is you have to pay for it and register within 48 hours of turning your P4P on. I flew my first MP into a tree it fell 20 meters and smashed it gimbal.. it still flew but the gimbal and camera didn’t work. I sent it in and the replaced it with a brand new MP a few months later I flew backward into s tree and it got stuck so high up I had to chop a branch down to retrieve it and broke off the rear Left arm and they replaced it with another band new drone.. so it worked for me.. you should try it too
I have full coverage across the board for $27/month with Liberty Mutual
15k - drone
300k - liability

I inquired a year ago and local agent said flatly they did not insure drones! I’ll check again and this time quite some comments from here.
Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF

I got State Farm coverage for my P4P+ last November, had a signal loss drop from 80 ft. I called them, they did not even want any pictures etc..6 days later I got a check for my purchase price $1500.00. I called last week to insure my new Obsidian and they said no problem, you paid for a 1 year policy (60$) in November so you are covered for a year. I'm in NC, the agency is Steven Dennis State Farm, Greensboro NC 336-637-8591.I have no other insurance with them except my drone(personal property) policy. Very nice people and great to work with.....

I was told by S.F. that I could get a policy but would only be for personal/recreational use. Not for business. So I didn't get it based on the fact that I use it for hire.

I was told by S.F. that I could get a policy but would only be for personal/recreational use. Not for business. So I didn't get it based on the fact that I use it for hire.
I have a stand alone policy with SF it has nothing to do with my car or renter insurance. And is for the drone ONLY. It does not cover any liability and is for hobbyist only .
( Orlando Fl. )

Have State Farm policy for P3P and DJI for Mavic Air. No claims yet. Will share experience if I ever I file a claim.

I have full coverage across the board for $27/month with Liberty Mutual
15k - drone
300k - liability
Is that personal private use or business policy?

Reactions: Sammyshack10

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31