starting up p3s

Reaction score
why I'm asking on here is I own a P3P so know nothing about the standard.
my mate (new to RC but had it flying last year) has a standard and had a problem with wifi to the tablet (screen said not connected) as it's different to my P3P it took me at least 2 hours to get the tablet connected and showing the camera view ( it was I think a problem with passwords, good old UT ) but now it's sorted and working, he took it home and switched it back on again and again the tablet did not connect, after switching of and on a couple of times it finally worked, what I'd like to know is what sequence do you switch on, controller/drone/tablet or tablet/controller/drone???

I turn on the aircraft and remote. Then turn on the remote device to ensure it is not in airplane mode and wifi is on. If flying from home, it will connect to one of my home wifi networks. Under settings, I change it to the Phantom then activate the GoApp. A few seconds later it will say "Connected" and "Safe to Fly" when it obtains sufficient GPS satellites and video from the camera. From there, I usually start it from the GoApp button, and sometimes with the sticks. In short, when starting up, you sometimes have to manually ensure your remote device (iPod, tablet, etc.) wifi is connected to the Phantom. Looking for the Phantom wifi channel is likely not the default upon powering on some devices, especially with other wifi devices around.

I turn on the aircraft and remote. Then turn on the remote device to ensure it is not in airplane mode and wifi is on. If flying from home, it will connect to one of my home wifi networks. Under settings, I change it to the Phantom then activate the GoApp. A few seconds later it will say "Connected" and "Safe to Fly" when it obtains sufficient GPS satellites and video from the camera. From there, I usually start it from the GoApp button, and sometimes with the sticks. In short, when starting up, you sometimes have to manually ensure your remote device (iPod, tablet, etc.) wifi is connected to the Phantom. Looking for the Phantom wifi channel is likely not the default upon powering on some devices, especially with other wifi devices around.

many thanks for your info, I'll pass it on to my mate.:)

Reactions: Shoot4fun
I'm not exactly sure what is happening.

Keep this in mind, any tablet or computer etc, can see the remotes WiFi and make a connection with the password.
The Phantom does not even need to be on. ;)

That's how I tell If the remotes WiFi signal is the problem. If you not getting disconnected
from the remote and not having password issues then I say the remote is not the problem.

Rod

I'm not exactly sure what is happening.

Keep this in mind, any tablet or computer etc, can see the remotes WiFi and make a connection with the password.

That's how I tell If the remotes WiFi signal is the problem. If you not getting disconnected
from the remote and not having password issues then I say the remote is not the problem.

Rod

thanks for that as I said I do not really understand the standard but I try to help my friend when he needs it.
so as I sorted it out yesterday and it was working ok, if he was out in the sticks with no other wifi around would it connect to phantom p3s automaticaly ?
I think that when he got home it was trying to connect to his house wifi, that's whey he was having problems again, I sent a message to him to check his wifi and make sure it was connected to phantom not his house
many thank for your help, like you I try to help others
ray

I don’t know if this will help him at all but when I’m around home I cannot connect with Go to my P3S. Always says “ not connected”, but there are 8 Neighborhood WiFi that show up Along with Phantom. I switch to Litchi and it connects immediately. Only needed around home but I use Litchi mostly anyhow. But, it costs about $20. Good luck

I fly P3S, and start up as @NM_Quad described, except I use Litchi most of the time.
Litchi will auto-connect to my phone(Galaxy s10+) but GO will not. I have to select it from whatever choices I happen to have. Even in the boonies GO won't automatically connect. Like @Capt KO I only use GO for maintenance and settings changes. Haven't figured out why Litchi is free for android, but costs me $24 on my daughters iPhone? What's the deal? Do they need to give me another reason to hate Apple? I have sooooo many already...

Brad

Last edited:
I've just had an email from my mate and everything is working OK but now he's telling me that the video he took today is very very dark? on my P3P I know the answer but I'm not sure if he's got an exposure wheel on his controller, how can he lighten his videos
TIA

Hey Brad Shoot4Fun. I have the same question there is no wheel on the controller to adjust exposure. I assume it's in the go app or other on the screen?

Hey Brad Shoot4Fun. I have the same question there is no wheel on the controller to adjust exposure. I assume it's in the go app or other on the screen?
The P4 RC's have the exposure wheel. I'm still very new to this P3

Reactions: umanbean
Haven't figured out why Litchi is free for android,

You got Litchi for Android free? I paid $24.95 for mine on Android two years ago. I'm under the impression it still costs, not free.

I have the same question there is no wheel on the controller to adjust exposure. I assume it's in the go app or other on the screen?

On the P3S you have to use the screen to adjust exposure compensation, whether it be GO or Litchi

Reactions: Capt KO
Thanks Brad. I also had to pay separately for Litchi on android After buying it for IOS. Bummer

I think that when he got home it was trying to connect to his house wifi, that's whey he was having problems again,
It's your device that chooses which Wi-Fi to connect to automatically, and it always defaults to a connection with internet connectivity. If GO does not connect automatically after your device is connected to the p3s RC, there's a problem somewhere else

Yup. All camera exposure control is done through GO/LITCHI app.

As to the cost thing...? I downloaded it to my tablet again just the other day, after having uninstalled it a while back trying to diagnose a problem. Galaxy Tab A, and it was still free. Went to put it on my daughter's iPhone and they wanted near $25 for it! I told her she'd be flying djiGO for a while... Here's a screenshot i just took.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190722-125545.jpg
    Screenshot_20190722-125545.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 253
I downloaded it to my tablet again just the other day, after having uninstalled it a while back trying to diagnose a problem. Galaxy Tab A, and it was still free.
Once you've paid for it, it's still paid for as long as you use the same Google account name... no matter how long a time it is.

I have it installed on 4 or 5 Android devices using the same account name.

Try to put it on an iDevice though and it'll cost you again

Thanks Brad. I also had to pay separately for Litchi on android After buying it for IOS. Bummer
That don't make sense?
Serves ya right though. Harassin me bout not havin a P4... Shoulda charged ya double! ???
Just kidding KO.

Maybe. ?

Brad

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost