Starting to think my P3A is a lemon

My understanding is that DJI recommends updating to the latest firmware .08
Once this has been done as I believe you have mentioned you had already completed, you can then check to see if the firmware had loaded successfully by looking on your computer.
Place the mini SD video card into a card reader or other such adapter/device and further check where you had loaded the firmware to.
It should state success, otherwise it may not have loaded correctly causing the issue you had mentioned. They (DJI) suggests not duplicating the process on the card, and also removing any such test files indicating success/ failure before attempting to update the controller. You can do the same process upon completing the controller as well. I'm afraid it all needs to be updated by the numbers were my thoughts. : )

My understanding is that DJI recommends updating to the latest firmware .08
Once this has been done as I believe you have mentioned you had already completed, you can then check to see if the firmware had loaded successfully by looking on your computer.
Place the mini SD video card into a card reader or other such adapter/device and further check where you had loaded the firmware to.
It should state success, otherwise it may not have loaded correctly causing the issue you had mentioned. They (DJI) suggests not duplicating the process on the card, and also removing any such test files indicating success/ failure before attempting to update the controller. You can do the same process upon completing the controller as well. I'm afraid it all needs to be updated by the numbers were my thoughts. : )

Sure, I thought that maybe the issue as well.

However it seems the phantom came to me with the current firmware. I checked when I first received it and it said that it was up to date. When I tried to install it gave me an abort message about having the current software already.

Is there any sort of hard reboot I can do, and then I personally upload the firmware?

I suppose Ill check the controller to be sure it has been updated as well, I guess that could be causing the issues Im running into, I just doubt that it hasn't been updated

So at this point it's just the decoder error you're seeing?

No Im getting both an decoder error as well as a notification telling me I need to update, however it already has the latest firmware uploaded on it(from factory)

When I try and upload the firmware personally it aborts saying that it has the current firmware already, yet the notification saying to update stays there on my DJI app.

The DJI app and Ipad are current and up to date.

I have had the same issue with a galaxy s5

No Im getting both an decoder error as well as a notification telling me I need to update, however it already has the latest firmware uploaded on it(from factory)
Yea but I think I already said that message will go away eventually. it's not affecting whether or not you can fly. the decoder is a stumper, can you take a screen shot for us?

Yea but I think I already said that message will go away eventually. it's not affecting whether or not you can fly. the decoder is a stumper, can you take a screen shot for us?

Sure one moment,

This was from a few hours ago.

Again it already has the latest firmware, and I confirmed that by checking through the DJI app as well as trying to upload the firmware again personally since it must have been done at the factory. It aborts when I try and tells me I already have the latest firmware on the text in the sd card

Attachments

• phantom.jpg
    phantom.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 309
  • phantom.jpg
    phantom.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 327
If it can fly and take photos and videos, and you can live w/ the intermittent encryption error and possibility of fly-away, then keep it if you're trying to avoid returning it. Otherwise I would return it. Since it sounds like a faulty lightbridge unit, would hate to see you lose it.

That's my fear:(

Ill see what Rc depot wants me to do.

I just wish there was some sort of way to hard reboot the software so I could reupload the new firmware. I have a feeling this would take care of the issues.

That's my fear:(

Ill see what Rc depot wants me to do.

I just wish there was some sort of way to hard reboot the software so I could reupload the new firmware. I have a feeling this would take care of the issues.
Firmware will not fix a faulty component. It sucks, but you've tried everything I can think of.

I haven't checked to make sure the controller is up to date yet.

That's one thing DJI told me to check but Im at work so

I did just notice my galaxy s5 DJI app is not the current one. Ill also try it with the galaxy again tonight with the most current app, the play store for some reason doesn't have the most current DJI pilot app

Well I flew it around 2 different times last night and once this morning.

The thing still works great, but I still have the warnings going off about the decoder and It needing an update(which seems to actually be true now since they released a new one last night)

Over on the DJI forum one of the DJI people told me the decoder is related to the controller and has to be send back. Pretty lame to have a supposed hardware issue right out of the box, you would think for 1k they would have better QC.

Wonder how long of a wait im going to be in for when I send it off for a replacement...

Well I flew it around 2 different times last night and once this morning.

The thing still works great, but I still have the warnings going off about the decoder and It needing an update(which seems to actually be true now since they released a new one last night)

Over on the DJI forum one of the DJI people told me the decoder is related to the controller and has to be send back. Pretty lame to have a supposed hardware issue right out of the box, you would think for 1k they would have better QC.

Wonder how long of a wait im going to be in for when I send it off for a replacement...
In their defense and from a statistical standpoint, their QC seems to be pretty good considering the number of birds flying vs not. To your second point, most are just picking up another one from a local dealer while you wait. I don't see a drastic devaluation between now and the time you get it back, so you can just sell the brand new one. At least you'll be in the air.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.