Starting to think my P3A is a lemon

Reaction score
So I got mine in yesterday.

First issue right off the bat was the charging cable was bad. Luckily it was just the wall end cord and I was able to replace with one from best buy to get me going.

So before flight I checked and my P3A seemed to have the current firmware from the factory.

I am now getting intermittent warnings about a video decoder encryption error, below that it says to send back to factory for replace/repair. Happened the first time I turned it on. Then when I flew it, it did not have this warning. Recharged and took to a different location to have the warning come up again

In reality however the thing flies great and I even took some really nice pics with it.

Has anyone else ran into this issue? Ideas? Im beginning to get very frustrated with the problems I keep encountering

As P3 is a very new hardware, if I were you, I would create this topic right in Dji official forum. Most likely there will be a Dji support guy there to help you.
And then you post here with the results.

[sorry for this non-helpful reply]

Will do.

Im scratching my head wondering what really the issue is as the drone functions perfectly. Hell I even took some really nice aerial pics of my city down by the river front. It functions great, but has that warning

As P3 is a very new hardware, if I were you, I would create this topic right in Dji official forum. Most likely there will be a Dji support guy there to help you.
And then you post here with the results.

[sorry for this non-helpful reply]

I found a thread with a similar issue there, DJI never got back to him it seems. That was back on 5/8

****. Their customer service sucks. But give it a try, just copy/paste.

Will do

Im just happy the functionality of it seems to be in tact. I haven't tried to record video yet, so maybe that's where Ill hit a snag, maybe. Hopefully not.

I will say the photos were much higher in quality than what I was seeing on my Ipad, so maybe that is the decoder issue in play. Then again I have only flown this unit at night as I battled the battery issue all yesterday until deciding to go buy a new power cord.

I'd update to the latest firmware. You'll need to in order to get the following firmwares. The DJI tech will also ask you if you did this. You said is has current firmware, just check it again. try video and see what happens.

I'd update to the latest firmware. You'll need to in order to get the following firmwares. The DJI tech will also ask you if you did this. You said is has current firmware, just check it again. try video and see what happens.

That's the plan.

Does it hurt anything if it has latest firmware and I try and upload it again?

That is what Im planning on doing

That's the plan.

Does it hurt anything if it has latest firmware and I try and upload it again?

That is what Im planning on doing
No. But if the update process doesn't do anything, you'll know you have the latest firmware. Verify by checking the log on the SD card, it'll say "Abort"

no, won't hurt to load it again but I think the phantom looks and compares and won't update the firmware if it's the same. I have seen where inspire owners have botched their firmware upgrades on a remote and DJI has a master bin file that resets everything and then you redo the firmware that is the latest. I have not seen one for the phantom but it would make sense there is one that DJI will have.

Alright Ill download the latest firmware and do it during my lunch break to see what happens

Well of course not.

Still having the same error message. The update didn't work. It is also saying an update is required on the aircraft.

Well I tried to update and it failed. I pulled the card. It says

The firmware on the sd card is identical to or older than current firmware on the aircraft.

This is beginning to become a regret

Well of course not.

Still having the same error message. The update didn't work. It is also saying an update is required on the aircraft.

Well I tried to update and it failed. I pulled the card. It says

The firmware on the sd card is identical to or older than current firmware on the aircraft.

This is beginning to become a regret
That means the firmware is already up to date.

I am still having issues with it telling me it needs to update
I had that issue as well, but it went away either after I restarted everything, or I flew... can't remember which I did first.

The update thing is new, It didn't start saying that until after a few flights.

The decoder issue has been a ongoing issue since unboxing

The only thing I haven't checked is to make sure the firmware to the controller is current. However it has flown without issues making me think that it has to be current

Lemons happen with everything. Sadly you might need to exercise your warranty. My P2V+ had some issues but then I sold it at 2 months old to get the P3. You'll probably get the P4 in 3 months anyway ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic