SRT File???

Reaction score
What is it, why is it on the SD card, and why can't I open it?

Squirrel I just did a search for that in my search and there's too many threads to read for me to figure it out .
You try and maybe you can figure it out .
Or maybe someone will post you a quick answer :)

I've tried searching, hence questioning here for a definitive answer.

What is it, why is it on the SD card, and why can't I open it?
It's a subtitle file generated for any video you shot. and showing flight data.
If you play the relevant video and the SRT file is in the same directory, you will get the subtitles showing on thevideo.
If you don't want the subtitles, it's fine to delete the files.

It's a subtitle file generated for any video you shot. and showing flight data.
If you play the relevant video and the SRT file is in the same directory, you will get the subtitles showing on thevideo.
If you don't want the subtitles, it's fine to delete the files.
Have no clue what you mean. I get a MP4 file that I can open and play, and a SRT file that cannot be opened. What "subtitles"? Play in the same directory? What is a directory?

Have no clue what you mean. I get a MP4 file that I can open and play, and a SRT file that cannot be opened. What "subtitles"? Play in the same directory? What is a directory?
Most people don't bother with the SRT file.
You don't open the srt file.
The mp4 file will open it and show subtitles when you play the video if you have them together in the same folder/directory.
I think the app has a setting that will allow you to disable subtitles and stop generating srt files.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Not all video players will pick up the SRT file, even if it's in the same directory as the video. For example, QuickTime Player on a Mac will not show the subtitles, but VLC should (on all platforms).

You can turn off the "Video captions" setting in DJI Go to stop the SRT files being created in the first place.

Reactions: Squirrel!
That would make life easier. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesmith1016