SRP ND/CP Filters

Reaction score
Anyone have any insider info on if SRP or any other companies like Lumenier have any plans to create a ND Filter set or Circular Polarizers for our new 4K Cameras like they've done previously for the Phantom 2V+ ???

Reactions: TBDGR
Noob question here... I keep seeing people refer to "ND" filters. Can someone please enlighten me as to what they are and how they'd help me? Thanks!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutral_density_filter
In photography and optics, a neutral density filter or ND filter is a filter that reduces or modifies the intensity of all wavelengths or colors of light equally, giving no changes in hue of color rendition. It can be a colorless (clear) or grey filter.

Reactions: TBDGR and davemex
Excellent !! Thanks for the prompt reply! Glad to see SRP is on top of it, and hopefully it wont have any issues with burning up the gimbal motors. I'm sure they've engineered the crap out of it.

ND Filters definitely help with reducing glare and controlling your exposures while filming, sometimes however they can enhance the prop shadows while flying at certain angles and times of day. Kind of looks like a strobing effect.

I highly recommend trying out a ND Filter or even a Circular Polarizer to make your films more robust. It's much easier to fix an underexposed image in post-production rather than an overexposed. The overexposed images don't retain much data for differentiation of contrasts and result in large white blobs that cant be massaged into useability.

so would you always use an ND filter or is it just for if its too sunny?

I use mine on my GoPro up until essentially dusk. You can get differing levels of filters which will equate to different "stops of light" or what on a DSLR camera is referred to as F-Stop.

It's all relative to your preferences, but I would say the equivalent to light 30 minutes after sunrise on a clear day would be a good litmus test.

gfredrone posted this useful comparison video on another thread:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: TBDGR
Excellent! That's a great comparison and a set of filters is now on my list of must haves!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.