Spark and controller $399

Reaction score
As most of you are probably aware of you can get the spark and free controller for $399 new. Seems cheap considering the drone alone without a controller was $500 when they came out. Are they worth getting as a fun portable backup drone?

As most of you are probably aware of you can get the spark and free controller for $399 new.
Best Buy currently has a few colors on sale for $375. If interested, you can find a list of other Spark deals here:

Buy A DJI Spark (Deals Updated Daily)

Are they worth getting as a fun portable backup drone?
I've had fun with my Spark while flying in Sport mode. However, I find it to be kind of slow when Sport mode is disabled (after flying my other DJI drones). If you're only after getting photos and smooth footage, then it could be a great fit for a backpack.

Best Buy currently has a few colors on sale for $375. If interested, you can find a list of other Spark deals here:

Buy A DJI Spark (Deals Updated Daily)

I've had fun with my Spark while flying in Sport mode. However, I find it to be kind of slow when Sport mode is disabled (after flying my other DJI drones). If you're only after getting photos and smooth footage, then it could be a great fit for a backpack.

Ya I saw that at Best Buy but that’s without a controller. I heard the battery goes quick in sport mode on the spark

Just went on there websight. I guess there offering the remote free also on the white ones but for $399. Strange they must have recently did this. I was in there a week ago and showed them the dji sight which showed free remote and they wouldn’t match it.

So msinger what kind of realistic range and battery life are you getting? I don’t need phantom range or battery life but if I could go 1/2 mile and 10 mins that would probably be fine fir quick short flights

I have a P3P and P4P and I love my spark. Awesome little drone. On a clear, sunny morning it takes really great footage.

I can't wait for a 4K spark with a 3 axis gimbal. The size of the spark is so useful for transport and flying unobtrusively and the price and size gives you a lot of confidence to fly where you'd be very nervous with a P4P.

I have a P3P and P4P and I love my spark. Awesome little drone. On a clear, sunny morning it takes really great footage.

I can't wait for a 4K spark with a 3 axis gimbal. The size of the spark is so useful for transport and flying unobtrusively and the price and size gives you a lot of confidence to fly where you'd be very nervous with a P4P.

Do you mainly fly in sport mode? What kind of realistic battery life are you getting?

I have used sport mode a few times but don't personally get any real enjoyment flying a DJI drone around quickly. Some relatives thought the Spark was pretty quick/nippy but I came from 3D helicopters which are totally insane so nothing the DJI stuff can do even dips its toe into the water in comparison. I bought them for video only.

I get about 10-12 minutes of flight time. I always land at 30% battery as they are expensive consumables if killed through abuse so I'm always very conservative here.

The current deal for the full spark kit is a really great buy. It's only $100 more than what the drone itself was a few months ago and you get a bag, remote, charging station, two batteries etc.

I just bought a DJI Spark w/controller new for $350 from Best Buy.
Here's how you do it:
Kohl's - Last week they had the Spark on sale for $350 without a controller.
Best Buy - $399 with a controller.
Best Buy price matched the Kohl's price & included the controller for free.
Ultimately, it came out to $350 with a controller.
Best Buy was entirely aware of what I was trying to do & they had no problem with it. The manager said that she would be fine with it as long as it went through in the computer, which it did.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12