Space One FPV lanyard broke and trashed my RC controller and iPad

Reaction score
I've used this with my controller and iPad probably for 20 flights and then today the clasp broke while I was using it. My RC with iPad Air 2 attached plummeted to the cement, breaking my RC and cracking the glass on my iPad. Not a happy camper right now. Can anyone recommend a way to fix the antennas? What plastic glue would you recommend for this application? 2 of the screw posts that hold the RC two halts together are also broken. How would you salvage this?

Do not buy this!!!! --- Amazon.com: Space One FPV Neck strap Lanyard for R/C: Toys & Games

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Holy crap. I don't know what glue to use, but I wanted to say that this is heartbreaking. I really do feel so bad for you. Thanks for posting even though I am sure it was difficult. Your experience may help someone else who may not realize that this is a possibility.

Reactions: JoBe
Any lanyard with those cast clips can have that happen. Just needs a flaw in the casting. Replace it with a spring type (dog leash) clasp. When they bend the spring metal it exposes flaws, much safer.

I believe hot glue gun will be your best bet on fixing the antennas....

I would think hot glue would be too soft?

I need something that is strong enough to rebond the plastic back together.

Is it time for an antenna mod?

This really stinks because this happened through no fault of my own.

:( I hate to see Phantoms (and their RCs, I guess) ruined like this. No idea for a fix, but good luck.

Sorry about that but i absolutely have the same setup. I rely on it to hold. Lesson learned from your misfortune. Muchas!!

I pretty much use the lanyard that came with my MicroPaptor case. I will be looking for a more sturdy clasp.

Wow. Sorry that happened to you. I've been looking for a good lanyard with a quick disconnect and was considering the Space One. I certainly won't now.

Anyone know of one that's similar but less likely to break?

Wow! :eek:
That is disappointing for sure. :(

I use the Inspire shoulder harness. Much more comfortable for me and it prevents the swinging action if you should let go of the TX.

Buy Remote Controller Strap | DJI Store

medium_remote-strap.jpg

I would think hot glue would be too soft?

I need something that is strong enough to rebond the plastic back together.

Is it time for an antenna mod?

This really stinks because this happened through no fault of my own.
when I did my antenna mod, one of my chrome brackets like yours broke when I was removing the antenna. I used hot glue and it is solid. the problem is that there is not many glues used for bonding plastic to plastic.

since you will have to take the RC apart to fix, might be a good time to do an antenna mod like the Itelite

Reactions: nix240z
Thanks for the tips folks. Each antenna has a little clip and obviously, each of those is broken. I wish Dji sold the clips separately, but do not.

I was just looking into the Itelite mod. In all honesty, is it any better than the windsurfer 3D prints out there? I don't fly in a large open area, I fly in my neighborhood and in areas where there are tall trees and a perfect LOS is not always available.

Thanks for the tips folks. Each antenna has a little clip and obviously, each of those is broken. I wish Dji sold the clips separately, but do not.

I was just looking into the Itelite mod. In all honesty, is it any better than the windsurfer 3D prints out there? I don't fly in a large open area, I fly in my neighborhood and in areas where there are tall trees and a perfect LOS is not always available.
yes works great, it is an easy install, you are half done already with your damage

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl