Reaction score
Two large fire areas in southern California are now TFRs for two months from December 10, 2017, to February 10, 2018. Even so according to radio reports, drones have already been spotted flying in the Thomas fire area where, today, 30 water-dropping helicopters and at least two large fixed wing aircraft are making phosgene drops on a dangerous fire that has already burned 235,500 acres, damaged 800 structures, is threatening 18,000 structures, and is only 15% contained.
C'mon guys and gals, stay out of both the Bonsall and Ventura TFRs. Give the fire-fighting aircraft the chance, right, and airspace to do a dangerous and necessary job. Additionally, we don't need to give the public and news media excuses to scathingly censure all drone pilots any more than they already do.
Fly safely, wisely, and NOT in the TFRs.

Good advice. I bet they don’t even have enough sense to learn from a forum. So, I bet they aren’t on this forum to heed your comment.

I suspect you are quite correct, but who knows? Maybe a forum member will spot one of these yahoos and will educate him/her.

If they are flying in a TFR, maybe they are not DJI drones. I thought I read somewhere the fire departments were using them down there. I could be wrong.

Edit:

Here you go. LAFD To Deploy Drones To Fires

If they are flying in a TFR, maybe they are not DJI drones. I thought I read somewhere the fire departments were using them down there. I could be wrong.

Edit:

Here you go. LAFD To Deploy Drones To Fires

I hope you are correct. I saw where some Predators and Reapers armed with sophisticated heat seekers have been deployed at very high altitude to keep watch over the fires.

Reactions: Great Pumpkin
Draft_UAS%20Fire%20Safety_web_sm_0.jpg

pict20160725-165701-0.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic