South America: Bolivia & Peru by Drone

Reaction score
Hey guys! just got back from a long trip all over South America, obviously took my Mavic but unfortunately it malfunctioned and crashed into a lake and then 2 weeks later i got robbed and they took nearly all my footage!

However I had 1 memory card left with a bit of footage on it so I've managed to make this cinematic video! hope you enjoy!

Filmed all with the mavic pro

Reactions: Me_XMan
Great footage. You did a good video with what you have. Would have loved to have seen your other videos. That's the danger of traveling and the authorities don't really care. I believe many of the authorities are in on it.

Peru is very strict on bringing drones into the country. I am wondering if you got permission to fly in Peru??

Agree with Rootman ... nice video with what little you were left with. Sorry to hear your bad experiences. Unfortunately, out of country travel these days is risky, tourists seen as wealthy targets in many countries (whether you are or not). Sorry you lost your Mavic.

Peru is very strict on bringing drones into the country. I am wondering if you got permission to fly in Peru??
Last I looked at it the drone laws in Peru (including as they might apply to foreigners) seemed relaxed in comparison to the US and other places. Getting a certificate to fly and dealing with customs didn't see to onerous either.

Its an absolute ripper of a video though isn't it? I needed to watch it twice. Very nicely done.

Hey! I am glad to say you are misinformed! as With the birds just said their laws are actually very relaxed, meaning you can pretty much fly anywhere (with a bit of common sense ) without anyone caring.

There are a few exceptions being Machu piccu (strictly prohibited)
and any kind of police/military installation

apart from that, happy flying :]

Once thing i will say is they do ask for a sort of 'deposit' sometimes when you enter Peru with a drone, basically they take some money off you and when you leave you get it back!

Last I looked at it the drone laws in Peru (including as they might apply to foreigners) seemed relaxed in comparison to the US and other places. Getting a certificate to fly and dealing with customs didn't see to onerous either.

Its an absolute ripper of a video though isn't it? I needed to watch it twice. Very nicely done.

Thank you for the kind words!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl