Someone shoots at my P4

you should rig your drone with a release system and carry a big knife with your drone. that way if someone shoots at you, you can drop a knife over them and hopefully do some damage.

you should rig your drone with a release system and carry a big knife with your drone. that way if someone shoots at you, you can drop a knife over them and hopefully do some damage.
Corey , come one man. You know not to do something like that . What if the knife falls before while taking off and hits the operator ? Never put something dangerous on the drone , Period. We dont need another black eye .

Reactions: TheGman and Sim597
I've got expensive air rifles, and some without suppression can be really loud, these are PCP airguns, but if one of mine was used and the guy was even a lousy shot, the bird at that distance would fill the scope and that would be "drone down, we've got a drone down"

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Wow that's crazy, to me I wouldn't care what ppl are doing, unless it's at the end of my dead end street or something, I don't want dope or any illegal crap going on in my neighborhood, this isn't the ghetto, I don't want it to be treated like one, so I don't blame you, but this shooting, as a licensed carrier, I can tell you this is such poor thinking, man, give this to your local law enforcement bro, they might recognize the ppl and the cars

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: SGs
It's amazing everyone is so deathly frightened of our little flying cameras when there are so many people randomly shooting lead at the speed of sound on any given given day at all times of the day into the sky without ANY REGARD for the people around them, not caring where these bullets land and not even thinking about the people they land on. What goes up must come down at some point. People are just so clueless...... Sorry. Just had to vent.

it's a felony to shoot at a UAV in the US. It's also a felony to drop a deadly weapon from the air.

blank stare.png

Reactions: Sim597 and henick
Last Warning @Corey Tucker . I don't want to see anymore weapon dropping talk. Are we clear?

I'm going to chime in with another vote to at least make the police aware of the incident. I'm crazy enough I might do some of my own recon depending on the size of town and other factors. Probably not, but at least let the police decide if they think it's worth while. Craziness.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
+1 with SGs.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I'm glad I am getting some feedback on this. I will go to the Police station later this week when I return there. In the process of moving out to this area this month.

Just sent an email to the Wellington Police Dept. Lets see if they respond . If not I will go there Friday.
Take em a flash drive with the video and make a complaint. That they will have to deal with . Or would here .;)

I dont think the police would care too much out in this mostly farmland part of town . Like I said before , there are a lot of people shooting at any time of the day.

Shooting is one thing. Shooting at aircraft is something else. I'm not a lawyer, but this may be a felony. You won't know how the police would treat the matter if you don't let them know about it.

@Fallguy Be careful not to cause problems for your brother and family, if you do involve the police it may go as far as going to court and testifying, which you may feel is a good or a bad thing, just letting you know how far it could go and these crazy kids sell drugs and bang guns, I would leave them to their selves or let someone else deal with them if I were you.

I'm going to chime in with another vote to at least make the police aware of the incident. I'm crazy enough I might do some of my own recon depending on the size of town and other factors. Probably not, but at least let the police decide if they think it's worth while. Craziness.
I agree, I had thought about a small town, those cars and truck would be easy to identify, and I gotta say, at seeing them, it would take a lot to not confront them.
My thing would be this; confronting them might lead to an argument and knowing the little bastard is armed, I'd double check my Kimber or STI (depending on what I had on me that day) and I'd be prepared to defend myself. Any going to the back seat, would almost have to meet force with force, I don't know, that's a tough one, I'd likely call the cops, I like being lawful and keeping my license to carry, it only takes one incident to take it away, or even worse, have to defend yourself against some punk, i don't care he's an idiot, he doesn't deserve to be shot over this, and if it came to him or me, age matters not, it's him.
I'd definitely not approach, knowing I am armed, it would be better to not induce an argument. I'd just follow and call the police

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl