Someone hacked my Phantom 4 Pro V2.0

Sounds like a gimble guard installed to me. The usual suspect. Blocked sensors sending it to the moon. ?

Reactions: Starz
Kudos to you for not panicking and remembering to hit RTH!!

Someone hacked my done while I was flying in the park. I was able to get control after I did a return to home. They push it almost into the clouds. Have your drone ever be hacked?

ianzone hows that save ya from the sock you said it would'nt show up and it did.. Yum Yum sock... LOL
You should read my post again because it says ""I almost bet """,,
I prefer woolly socks cause then they taste like lamb chops lol,,,,

• Haha
Reactions: dirkclod
This sound suspiciously like what happened to me/my Phantom 4 Pro+ about 3 weeks ago.
I was flying over a small cove at a local lake (picture attached) at about 100', wind was at about 20mph, when suddenly I received a "Magnetic Interference" message on my controller. The drone immediately lifted to about 200' and was at the mercy of the wind. I had no GPS control any longer. The drone sailed overhead, as I watched (still with no control of it) helplessly. After about 30-45 seconds the controller did regain control (no pilot intervention), and I was able to regain flight control. Obviously the drone had escaped from the area where the "Magnetic Interference" was a problem.
Now -- what caused the magnetic interference? As you can see in the picture, there aren't any signs of transmission towers, etc. anywhere around.
It remained a mystery until yesterday when I was talking to a friend who works for that park, in their park maintenance department, and he said there are an entire bank of electrical transformers buried in that hillside that you see leading from that RV park down to that boat dock.
Bingo --- that likely could have caused the "Magnetic Interference" when the drone approached them.
Yes, the drone automatically changed from GPS mode to ATTI mode (log files reveal this) when the magnetic interference was encountered.
During your flight does your flight log show any magnetic interference when all this occurred? Just a thought.
DJI_0001_Moment.jpg

ianzone said ....,,,,I almost bet the flight log wont turn up,,hope it does I'll eat my sock,well some of it,,...

I don;t know about this . I almost bet it won't show up,,,, but it did but no sock for you ,,,,. but then you just said ,i hope it does i'll eat my sock... What color do you like ??? Just pullin your chain ..Have a great day

Not that you should have to do this often, but it is a good idea to recalibrate every so often, of flying in new environments, using new batteries, its more of a precautionary step. At least it was figured out, since no one else would have been controlling it simultaneously.

RoOSTA

Curious to know which gimbal guard you use/ if all guards cause such a problem.
To work, the guard should be Very narrow in the center to avoid blocking the sensors. Wider ones can be moved forward but will then block the camera when pointed down. Personally I have not found them worth having on my drone.

Reactions: dm777002
I installed a new gimbal guard on my Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 and that was interfering with the downward sensors on my drone. I had to move it forward. I will test it tomorrow if it doesn't rain.
Glad you solved it. When I posted that solution, I was half joking as it happens so often. ?

You hacked your own drone. ??

Reactions: Oso
I moved it back enough so it will not block the camera [emoji991] in the down position and forward enough so it will not affect the down sensors. I prefer to fly with a gimbal guard
To work, the guard should be Very narrow in the center to avoid blocking the sensors. Wider ones can be moved forward but will then block the camera when pointed down. Personally I have not found them worth having on my drone.

Reactions: Capt KO
Glad you got one narrow enough to be useful. ? I found out the hard way also.

Now you know. Pass it on

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr