Some questions about p3p. May seem stupid

Reaction score
Hi I've looked thru many threads with no luck finding answers. Seems you need to be very good with a pc to use some options on my drone. So my main questions are..... What exactly is supposed to happen when in the follow me mode? My drone does nothing it has to be 10m high and just hovers there.
My camera sometimes is all pixely I assumed it was just my phone but after downloading the pics some are just Bad.
Lastly along with my first question how do the other modes work.
Also how am I supposed to automate the flight path as in do I need to fly it the flight path I want to automate or is there maps that need to be downloaded and installed on the memory card? Or do I need cords?
Sorry for these questions I feel like I should know. But I have no one who fly's a drone let alone an expensive one like this. Assuming anything with this I fear could end up being disastrous. After the first time I turned the drone on it never even lifted off the ground just turned over the props would not stop had to get the battery out with all my fingers attached still. Then the camera would not work so it ran for 2 seconds and those 2 sec cost me a repair bill of 500$ and 2 months with out the drone. I don't need repeat of that.

Lol stupid is good,don't know if don't ask,,here's screenshot ,,,,to be honest with you I have never tryed this feature since I get hooked,,I think that's why they last so long,,,did you move enough for it to follow,,if remember right there's a distance that it start working from you,,,,,,,,not 100% sure on that so if wrong someone put me right,,,,yes the flip not nice
Screenshot_20190506-171413.jpg

Reactions: JoBe
I can’t answer your specific questions, but I often search on YouTube and have learned a great deal from the people who post tutorials. This forum (PhantomPilots) is excellent too, so keep asking as we all learn from the answers. There are many errors we all make when we first started, one of mine was not waiting for the drone to warm up and not getting a complete GPS fix. Another was flying near electric interference. I’ve been saved several times by using the return to home command.

Yeah I figured I'd need to walk a certain distance but I walked pretty far from it I'd guess 200 feet maybe I tried walking around left amd right thinking, the follow me mode is maybe just the camera that follows but nope the camera didn't move either my dashboard lol way different from yours. But I have basically the same info. It said it was in follow me mode on my phone screen. The MSG in your 4th pic I did not get. But my icons are in different places. I'll have to try again tomorrow lol. I did not notice but I was thinking it maybe the gps lost signal I was reading up on it and I think it needs the gps signal. Thanks for the Reply

I'm sure 4th picture refers to this ...there must be something on screen to enable this like 4tg picture shows,,,I guess it confirms if you want it to follow,,,
Screenshot_20190506-183420.jpg

my dashboard lol way different from yours. But I have basically the same info. I did not notice but I was thinking it maybe the gps lost signal I was reading up on it and I think it needs the gps signal.
I may have missed it, but which mobile device are you using?
Perhaps you are using a wifi only (not a cellular version) iPad which does not have the required GPS for Follow Me to track the location of your RC.

Last edited:
Follow me is kind of useless all it does is follow you. After enabling follow me mode start walking and the drone will follow you. Hence, follow me mode. Some may use it to follow them on a bicycle. I think it actually tracks the controller.

Hi I've looked thru many threads with no luck finding answers. Seems you need to be very good with a pc to use some options on my drone. So my main questions are..... What exactly is supposed to happen when in the follow me mode? My drone does nothing it has to be 10m high and just hovers there.
I may be wrong, but I didn't think the P3P has the follow me functionality
My camera sometimes is all pixely I assumed it was just my phone but after downloading the pics some are just Bad.
You are better off inserting a micro sd card into the drone and configure the camera appropriately - ISO around 100 and aperture as high as you can.
Lastly along with my first question how do the other modes work.
This has been answered by a thread above, however if you are flying a pre-determined flight path, always use the F option
Also how am I supposed to automate the flight path as in do I need to fly it the flight path I want to automate or is there maps that need to be downloaded and installed on the memory card? Or do I need cords?
One of the best for flight path automation is Drone Deploy. It is free to download, you create a project, define the area you want to map, elevation, number of batteries etc, direction of flight, based on any wind on the day, etc. Once you have created an account, you save the plan which can be done on a PC or in the field on a mobile device, and then open the plan on a mobile device in the field, you obviously need a sim enable device as you are accessing the internet, or access to wi-fi. From my experience Samsung phones do not seem to have the functionality to take off for some reason, so you are better off using an iphone or better still an ipad mini, which you can pick up at second hand shops for a few hundred dollars, or less if you dont already have one.
Sorry for these questions I feel like I should know. But I have no one who fly's a drone let alone an expensive one like this. Assuming anything with this I fear could end up being disastrous. After the first time I turned the drone on it never even lifted off the ground just turned over the props would not stop had to get the battery out with all my fingers attached still. Then the camera would not work so it ran for 2 seconds and those 2 sec cost me a repair bill of 500$ and 2 months with out the drone. I don't need repeat of that.
There are hundreds of videos on Youtube that will explain the correct process for take off, landing etc

Thanks for the reply's folks man your fast. I'm using a Sony Experia performance cell with internet access. The crash I experienced was most definitely inexperience on my part. I've since read all the manuals and tutorials and have not had any problems with flight since. Got some really spectacular shots at my local park last Sunday. I'm gonna check out that drone deploy app.
Thanks again everyone you all have been more help already then you know
Cheers
Don

I don't use Follow Me .... but factors that need to be observed :

Because the two units (Tablet and AC) are talking to each using GPS as their references - you need to make sure they are sufficiently a distance apart for the GPS positions. If I remember right it needs to be at least 15m or so. (Its actually one of the reasons 20m / 60ft is the RTH minimum distance)

Second the tablet / display must have GPS enabled so that GO can communicate both ways positional info.

Third - the Follow Me can only be initiated once the AC is already in the air - as far as I recall - you cannot initiate before take-off.

P3P does do Follow Me ...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think it actually tracks the controller.
Actually, it tracks a GPS-enabled phone or tablet. The controller has no GPS.

And I agree with some of the above posts... Follow Me is, to me, a useless feature - and a very good way to lose your drone.

I figured that it uses gps. I think that's why it's not actually following me the gps link seems very weak most of the time. Again thanks for the quick replys. I Wasent really sure where I would use follow me mode, I just don't want to waste this birds potential and just own one as jewellery, if ya know what I mean. Thanks again folks

Also the bird needs to be at a certain altitude and position before it will enable follow mode. In waypoint mode you can fly around and insert waypoints along the path and then have the bird fly to each one autonomously. Litchi is a good program for automated flight. You can add waypoints to a map and save it as a flight plan

Litchi is a good program for automated flight. You can add waypoints to a map and save it as a flight plan
Litchi is better than GO in almost every way, except access to some settings.

The autopilot modes are much easier and more reliable... and it has a mode called active track that's better than follow me.

I use Litchi most of the time

Actually follow me is the the wrong term . What actually happens is the aircraft sets up a certain range and bearing from a gps source (phone or tablet) to the aircraft. Then if you move away it will follow you. If you move towards the aircraft you will push it back.
All explained in here

Intelligent flight modes for Noobs

I admit it can be hard to set up first time because you cannot see the menus until the machine is in the air.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31