Some General Questions

Buk

Reaction score
For this discussion consider a Phantom 2, Zenmuse Gimbal, mini-iOSD, Fat Shark video transmitter, and Bluetooth Unit are involved.

Is there a carbon fiber plate or accessory tray available to mount the iOSD and video transmitter under Phantom 2 and behind gimbal?

Is the can-bus cable on the iOSD long enough to go from the leg connection up to and behind the gimbal?

Are all the parameters and calibrations available via a PC and the Assistant Software available via Bluetooth and an iPhone/iPad? Or is it just a partial set through Bluetooth? Is there information stored in the Bluetooth Unit or can it be removed when not programming or calibrating? Must it always be plugged in once initially used?

Is the iOSD only programmed/updated via USB, a PC and some sort of Assistant Software or can it be programmed/updated via Bluetooth, Can-Bus and iPhone/iPad?

I'm thinking of purchasing a Phantom 2 Zenmuse and a Fat Shark video transmitter as I already have Fat Shark goggles. Plus I want iOSD and I want programming via Bluetooth. Yet I do not wish to put any of this inside of the Phantom 2.

Thanks for answers and comments to guide me in this process.

I've got a f450 with most of that stuff
the cables that come with the iOSD and BTU are plenty long.

But the iOSD does require a direct micro-usb connection, you can't do it from the Phantom USB connection.
however, to be quite honest, once you have the iOSD set up, there's little need to re-connect. (tho they have come out with an update, but sounds like it won't be necessary to update for awhile.
Same with the BTU, which is pretty much plug and use.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik