SOLVED: Transmitter Stopped Connecting / Stopped Linking P3A

Reaction score
P3A Drone worked fine on Tuesday. Used it on a job with no problems.

Did not work today. Can't get transmitter to connect to aircraft, and I can't link to aircraft anymore.

I have a second radio (and a second P3A) and they don't link either. More on this later.

Here's what happened.

I Turned on the transmitter 1 first (as I usually do) and the transmitter game me a loud continuous BEEEEPPPP when I turned it on.

(This was before I turned the power on the aircraft).

Turned off the transmitter 1. Then turned the transmitter back on and it gave me the ascending notes that it usually does.

But transmitter 1 won't connect to aircraft 1.

I tried to link transmitter 1 to aicrcraft 1.

However, when I press Link RC in the DJI app, I just get a popup message that says:

Confirm Frequency Settings. I press ok and the message disappears.

That's all I get. Nothing asking me if I am sure I want to link. Nothing with a time countdown.

I also tried connecting my backup transmitter (Transmitter 2) to Aircraft 1, and I got the same problem. When I press linking RC, it just gives me a message to Confirm Frequency Settings, and then if I press OK, I get nothing.

If I try to connect Transmitter 1 to Aircraft 2, I again get the same issue.

If I try to connect Transmitter 2 to Aircraft 2, something weird happens (Aircraft 2 has problems from a crash). The green led comes on the controller, the lights on the plane flash like it is connected, but the app says disconnected and there is no view of the camera. The other weird thing is that even though it says disconnected, I can actually start up the motors using the controller.

Any thoughts on what to do???

I have two jobs tomorrow.

Last edited:
Grab a P4A/P (if you can find one) or a Mavic Pro. A backup is almost a necessity if you are flying for profit.

Assuming you have the linking procedure right and the problem presents and persists with two controllers it seems you may need a new OFDM board on the P3A.

Reactions: Just Mark
Ok first when the app says "disconnected" it has nothing to do with the comms between the remote and the aircraft, it means your device (tablet/phone) is not communicating with the remote. Second you say you tried connecting transmitter 1 with transmitter 2?? That cant be done. Pick the remote you want to use and the aircraft you want to fly and leave all else powered off. Make sure yoy are using a known good usb cable to connect your device to the remote and start them up first. Once they are working together power on the aircraft and link the remote to the aircraft within the DJI go app.

Ok first when the app says "disconnected" it has nothing to do with the comms between the remote and the aircraft, it means your device (tablet/phone) is not communicating with the remote.

Thank you for pointing this out. This MIGHT be the solution.

I just switched to my backup phone* and it let me do a relink between Transmitter 1 and Aircraft 1 (actually, I STARTED the relink process and before I had a chance to hit the confirm button, it beeped a couple of times and was relinked).

Possibly there is a fault with the USB port on my phone 1 and it caused an error with transmitter 1 when I turned it on and it beeped a long continuous beep at me?

Second you say you tried connecting transmitter 1 with transmitter 2?? That cant be done. Pick the remote you want to use and the aircraft you want to fly and leave all else powered off. Make sure yoy are using a known good usb cable to connect your device to the remote and start them up first. Once they are working together power on the aircraft and link the remote to the aircraft within the DJI go app.

You are correct. I actually MEANT to say that I tried connecting Transmitter 1 to Aircraft 2.

*And yes, I do have a backup phone to go along with my backup transmitter and my backup aircraft. Lost my backup sd card though.

Reactions: 3rdof5
I will try to go out to the nearby park and see if it connects better because I am in an apartment complex with a ton of interference.

I will try to go out to the nearby park and see if it connects better because I am in an apartment complex with a ton of interference.
That will help alot. Strong interference causes all kinds of issues. Glad you are making progress, good luck:)

Reactions: Just Mark
That will help alot. Strong interference causes all kinds of issues. Glad you are making progress, good luck:)

Thanks!!! think it was the phone!!!

Still in the apartment. Here's what works:

Transmitter 1 to Aircraft 1 with NO phone attached: Gets connection and controls aircraft.

Transmitter 1 to Aircraft 1 with Phone 1 attached: Disconnected message and Transmitter wont Link with A/C

Transmitter 1 to Aircraft 1 with Phone2 attached: Gets connection and controls aircraft.

So looks like phone 1 is the big problem here. Will report back in about an hour or so.

Reactions: 3rdof5
OK, just did a test flight and all seemed well. Except that for some reason (probably unrelated to the phone) where my gimbal is rolled about 30 degrees or so each time I fly. You can see that thread here:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20